Leif GUI library

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
ElliottB
Prole

Re: Leif GUI library

Post by ElliottB »

I've been using Lief as my base for doing Rapid Development of some applications and games. I love it, but I'm sad to see you've decided to give up on it. In my usage of it, I've found little things I didn't like. For example, inputs don't have full onMousePressed or onMouseReleased support for custom call backs. I've added a small change that implements this.

http://loveclub.pastebin.com/f1e5d930a

SetCallback( ) becomes SetonKeyReturn( ), to make room for my added callback support. setonMouseReleased( ) and setonMousePressed( )

I've been trying to figure what would be the simplest way to add an onFocus behavior to inputs. So you can have, say "Nickanem" in the field, and on click it clears it. But if you don't type anything and click away, that text reappears. (Like for login screens and such)
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

ElliottB wrote:Lief
That's sweet. (No, really, "lief" is "sweet" or "nice" in Dutch.)
Help us help you: attach a .love.
ElliottB
Prole

Post by ElliottB »

Oi. The joys of typos!
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

As you might have read it's released under the LPCL, so, this allows you to create your own versions and upload them here, for more information on the terms of the LPCL: http://love2d.org/wiki/index.php?title=LPCL
ElliottB
Prole

Post by ElliottB »

Less than 30 lines of changes, in my book, doesn't constitute a full derivative, but rather a patch. Hence just posting it. :D -- I have considered extensively modifying Leif, and I'd post it as a derivative for sure. More to come on that front. Thanks for pointing that out though.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

The LPCL isn't about derivatives, but about updating the old software as the community sees fit, mostly in cases where the original developer might lose interest, or become unavailable for other reasons.