LOVE Cheat Sheet (1.0)

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Lafolie
Inner party member

Re: LOVE Cheat Sheet

Post by Lafolie »

I don't have Pages. Can you export anything that I can load in InDesign? This would also let our Windows friends edit it, and I'm sure there's other software that could probably open it for Linux users and anyone without InDesign.
Last edited by Lafolie on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

What can you open in InDesign? I can only export (from inside Pages) to PDF, Word, RTF, plain text, and ePub.
Lafolie
Inner party member

Post by Lafolie »

I think Word documents can be used with the Place command. It works with .docx documents, I just tested it. I think that would be best because it would retain edibility and the coloured boxes.
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Done.
Lafolie
Inner party member

Post by Lafolie »

Nice one man, I'll take a look when I have a minute.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Awesome.

-------

The latest update has changed the code font to Menlo (don't worry, it's similar to Monaco), so that we've got access to bold, italic, and bold italic (Monaco doesn't have any of these unfortunately). I've made the optional arguments in functions italic. Menlo uses less space than Monaco does, and I haven't made any adjustments to make up for that at present. But when I do, there'll be more room for other stuff.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Too bad the italic is so subtle, it's hard to notice a difference sometimes.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Lafolie
Inner party member

Post by Lafolie »

I'd recommend going back to Monaco and using a different visual cue. Colours?
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Robin wrote:Too bad the italic is so subtle, it's hard to notice a difference sometimes.
Right you are.

I think we have two options here. Bold the ones that are required, or use colours as Lafolie suggested. If colours, then what colour do you think would be good?
Lafolie
Inner party member

Post by Lafolie »

I reckon a darker tone of the background colour. Either that or a grey tone.