My new IDE for Love2D comming soon

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
tavuntu
Citizen

My new IDE for Love2D comming soon

Post by tavuntu »

I just want to say that I'm working on a little project which I think you'll like. It going to take I pair of months (or three) and it going to be a simple and lightweight IDE for love2d, made in java (I know there are some similar proyects but I want to make something a little different). I'm not an expert in java (but I like it a lot (almost love it)), but I promise I'll do my best.
Thanks for read this, as I have it ready I'll give you to the community, of course.

I don't have an official name for the IDE, I'd like if you'd give me suggestions.

Sorry for the bad english.
veethree
Inner party member

Re: My new IDE for Love2D comming soon

Post by veethree »

Why not make a post about it once you actually made it or at least have something to show?
10$man
Citizen

Post by 10$man »

veethree wrote:Why not make a post about it once you actually made it or at least have something to show?
Agreed. It's cool that you want to make an IDE, but Vaporware will give you a bad name. Since you've done this, I would strongly recommend that you give steady updates on progress so that everyone knows that this isn't just vaporware. You might want to get a Github account and keep it updated with your source code (When I've done this, I noticed it also encourages me to keep my code clean and commented). If you've been a member for years and have a good reputation, then creating a post like this would be more acceptable (Still not recommendable though).

I would say, try to a void creating topics like this no matter how excited you are about the project. I've done the same thing, so I'm not trying to put you down or anything; just a little advice from a Loving friend :)
tavuntu
Citizen

Post by tavuntu »

You're right guys, I haven't had the time I thought I would have, I'm sorry for that, I got exited.

Moreover, thanks to all the forum for your help and congratulations to the crew who created LÖVE, excelent work.
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

Looks like building vapor LÖVE IDEs is a fashion trend here, how about I join in with, I dunno, PyLÖVEd? I can actually make PyGTK programs and have quite an experience with it. The downside is that OS X would need to have to install PyGTK framework, and Windows would also have to install Python on top of that. But in Linux, it works out of box. Windows can haz an .msi installer with everything bundled in. And OS X just sucks so they're by themselves.
tavuntu
Citizen

Post by tavuntu »

I don't know what to say xD
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

Go for it raidho, the more stuff the better
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

I'd rather went with some sort of LÖVE Lua debugger. At least would've been useful.
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

Don't we already have a debuger ? (latest version in the last page)
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

We already have LÖVE IDEs, too, what's your point?

Also, Debug is more like dynamic LÖVE Lua console than actually a debugger.