Tank Game - Tech Demo

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
GijsB
Party member

Re: Tank Game - Tech Demo

Post by GijsB »

when i try to launch myself wiht the graples i get pretty much no 'launch'
Ensayia
Party member

Post by Ensayia »

Update 8 is now out.

TechnoCat spent some time with me working out why my collision was so broken all of the time. It turns out I missed a few places where physics were not calculated framerate independent (with dt). With some fixing and code rearranging the issues should all be gone, although new issues seem to come up every time I think I have it fixed.

I built a new testing arena so players actually have some room to grapple around and some platforms to land on. I made a small climbing obstacle course with a goal in the top left corner once you have navigated to the top. With all of the major gameplay mechanics just about wrapped up, I can begin working on graphics, music, and other smaller game concepts.

I would like to thank everyone on the forums and IRC for all the testing and feedback. Without feedback I would not have found and fixed many of the issues that I did.

Have fun!
GijsB
Party member

Post by GijsB »

i Won X3
Ensayia
Party member

Post by Ensayia »

A teaser screenshot of things to come.

Right now, the level editor is a bit primitive, but fully working with saving and loading (one map right now) included. There will be a greater variety of tiles as I add them in. I'm holding off on making another release until I can polish it up a bit more.

Stay tuned!
Attachments
LEVEL EDITOR
LEVEL EDITOR
tease.png (52.58 KiB) Viewed 2293 times
Ensayia
Party member

Post by Ensayia »

Update 9 is now out.

I did a lot of various code cleanup and tweaks in an attempt to further perfect physics and collision. There are two major additions this release:

1. Platform graphics are now drawn to a spritebatch, this will ultimately be a huge performance boost over individual draw calls when maps get large. There isn't much graphical variance but that will improve soon because...

2. I've introduced a level editor! You can press E to activate it an all instructions are included in the game. Right now there is no option to change the platform graphics, but that is certainly doable.

I hope everyone has fun with testing, and the new editor. I want to thank the IRC users once again for their continued support, advice, and testing!