Mütrix

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
SimonLarsen
Party member

Re: Mütrix

Post by SimonLarsen »

tentus wrote:Cool! Couple of things:
* By using a conf.lua file you can define things like window size and title, and also disable unused modules.
* You can cut down on filesize and correct PO2 issues by breaking the bg.png image into two images. By adjusting the scale when you draw the background you can really cut down on filesize. (Note: filesize isn't really an issue for you, but I feel that it's worth mentioning.)

Also, I was wondering why you define a randomseed? I don't see the use of random anywhere in your code.
Hadn't gotten around to making a conf.lua yet. The game is still just one big, unfinished hack. But thanks for pointing it out, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to need neither physics- nor joystick-support. ;)

Aww man, completely forgot to make the background PO2! Did this instead.

I think the randomseed is there because I wanted to make a button that plotted in random notes but then forgot all about it. :crazy:

Thanks for providing more in-depth feedback. It's highly appreciated.
benloran
Prole

Post by benloran »

This is great! I love how polished it feels, too. Very fun toy.
headchant
Party member

Post by headchant »

this is simply amazing
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

Currently broken?
SimonLarsen
Party member

Post by SimonLarsen »

thelinx wrote:Currently broken?
Broken how? I just downloaded the .love from GitHub and it worked fine.
Trappingnoobs
Citizen

Post by Trappingnoobs »

Can you add like, an inputbox (Not an extremely complicated setup with like, left/right arrows to navigate the typed text, just an ordinary box that only allows entering a 1-2 digit number), and then, like, a first and last time box, and then the numer in the box is how many times to play what you've typed.

So it's like a 3-tab interface, and first you do the first-time box, and then the default box, then the last-time box, and, if you entered, for example, 9 into the box, it'd play as such:

first-default-default-default-default-default-default-default-default-default-last

Like that. It'd be harder to use and make, but if you make it export it'd be a lot more effective.
SimonLarsen
Party member

Post by SimonLarsen »

Just had some time on my hands so I added a couple of different moods (scales). From left to right: D pentatonic major, D pentatonic minor, C Major, D blues major and a purely chromatic scale. I might add some more but I kinda want to keep it simple.

Download link (same as in OP)
YK728.png
YK728.png (6.57 KiB) Viewed 351 times
I just stumbled upon MIDI.lua which seems fairs simple so I might take a crack midi export today.
Trappingnoobs wrote:Can you add like, an inputbox (Not an extremely complicated setup with like, left/right arrows to navigate the typed text, just an ordinary box that only allows entering a 1-2 digit number), and then, like, a first and last time box, and then the numer in the box is how many times to play what you've typed.

So it's like a 3-tab interface, and first you do the first-time box, and then the default box, then the last-time box, and, if you entered, for example, 9 into the box, it'd play as such:

first-default-default-default-default-default-default-default-default-default-last

Like that. It'd be harder to use and make, but if you make it export it'd be a lot more effective.
I'm definitely planning on adding something like this. :)
Trappingnoobs
Citizen

Post by Trappingnoobs »

SimonLarsen wrote:Just had some time on my hands so I added a couple of different moods (scales). From left to right: D pentatonic major, D pentatonic minor, C Major, D blues major and a purely chromatic scale. I might add some more but I kinda want to keep it simple.

Download link (same as in OP)

I just stumbled upon MIDI.lua which seems fairs simple so I might take a crack midi export today.
Trappingnoobs wrote:Can you add like, an inputbox (Not an extremely complicated setup with like, left/right arrows to navigate the typed text, just an ordinary box that only allows entering a 1-2 digit number), and then, like, a first and last time box, and then the numer in the box is how many times to play what you've typed.

I'm definitely planning on adding something like this. :)
Utils.lua:47:Attempt to index a string value
SimonLarsen
Party member

Post by SimonLarsen »

Trappingnoobs wrote: Utils.lua:47:Attempt to index a string value
Could you provide the full stack traceback? :)
Trappingnoobs
Citizen

Post by Trappingnoobs »

SimonLarsen wrote:
Trappingnoobs wrote: Utils.lua:47:Attempt to index a string value
Could you provide the full stack traceback? :)

utils.lua:47:in function ClearMatrix
utils.lua:31:in function ClearPatterns
utils.lua:27:in function LoadRecourses
main.lua:11: in function Load