Mütrix

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
SimonLarsen
Party member

Mütrix

Post by SimonLarsen »

Mütrix is a simple little music app I wrote last night.

Here's a screenshot:
KP0L5.png
KP0L5.png (6.58 KiB) Viewed 370 times
And a video of me jamming in an older version: (sorry for the huge resolution)

Controls: Downloads:
Last edited by SimonLarsen on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
kraftman
Party member

Re: Mütrix

Post by kraftman »

very cool :)
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Sweet! I love these music-matrix thingies.
Ensayia
Party member

Post by Ensayia »

This is by far one of my favorite LOVE programs! I am having a lot of fun with it.

Are there any plans to be able to export your loop as an audio file? I could use this to make quick music mockups for my current project.
GijsB
Party member

Post by GijsB »

Awesome :D!
Tesselode
Party member

Post by Tesselode »

It's too bad the lines skip a lot of notes.
Trappingnoobs
Citizen

Post by Trappingnoobs »

Ensayia wrote:This is by far one of my favorite LOVE programs! I am having a lot of fun with it.

Are there any plans to be able to export your loop as an audio file? I could use this to make quick music mockups for my current project.
This. If you do that I'd delete audacity and use this :D
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

Cool! Couple of things:
* By using a conf.lua file you can define things like window size and title, and also disable unused modules.
* You can cut down on filesize and correct PO2 issues by breaking the bg.png image into two images. By adjusting the scale when you draw the background you can really cut down on filesize. (Note: filesize isn't really an issue for you, but I feel that it's worth mentioning.)

Also, I was wondering why you define a randomseed? I don't see the use of random anywhere in your code.
Kurosuke needs beta testers
SimonLarsen
Party member

Post by SimonLarsen »

Ensayia wrote:This is by far one of my favorite LOVE programs! I am having a lot of fun with it.

Thanks!

I'd love to do that but I have no idea how. Right now it's all standard LÖVE stuff so there's no trivial way to implement sound export that I know of. But I'll see what I can do. Might not be too hard to implement MIDI output. That way you could always substitute your own samples. (If anybody has any suggestions/recommendations they are very welcome!)
Tesselode wrote:It's too bad the lines skip a lot of notes.
That's actually the point, since it's supposed to be a toy rather than a real tool. The scale is A-B-D-E-F#-A-B-E-F#-B-... so no matter what you put together it still sounds kinda good. I am planning on adding other scales for people feeling a bit more "adventurous" though. :D
Last edited by SimonLarsen on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Awesome work.
Also, I can only have respect for someone with the skills to compose music live like this, good job on that.