GÖÖEY (WIP)

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
kraftman
Party member

GÖÖEY (WIP)

Post by kraftman »

I havn't seen much in the way of GUI libs here, so I thought I'd have a crack at my own, based heavily on the WoW interface API.

Just finished the basics in terms of mouse events (mouseover/off, mousedown/up), a z depth system to ensure that objects are drawn in the correct order, and an anchoring system so frames can be positioned relative to other frames.
Currently it only has frames, buttons, and fontstrings, I'll be adding edit boxes, checkbuttons, and dropdown menu's next.

Have a play with the little example and let me know what you think!
Attachments
GÖÖEY 0.1.love
(24.85 KiB) Downloaded 485 times
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Re: GÖÖEY (WIP)

Post by nevon »

If my microphone was plugged in, I'd show you how that would be pronounced. It sounds... Uhh... Like a big burly, slightly retarded man, slowly saying: "Gay".
kraftman
Party member

Post by kraftman »

nevon wrote:If my microphone was plugged in, I'd show you how that would be pronounced. It sounds... Uhh... Like a big burly, slightly retarded man, slowly saying: "Gay".
Haha! Excellent.
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Post by Taehl »

Attack of the diaereses! Nice.
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
tsturzl
Party member

Post by tsturzl »

Well Goo is a cool concept but its confusing to use, and although feature rich has a steep learning curve.

Keep it up, I'd like to have a good GUI library to use.
kraftman
Party member

Post by kraftman »

tsturzl wrote:Well Goo is a cool concept but its confusing to use, and although feature rich has a steep learning curve.

Keep it up, I'd like to have a good GUI library to use.
Thanks, I've just finished adding backdrops to frames, and got some basic edit box's and font strings working.

Here's a little tester I'm working on at the moment, It's an IRC client overlay for games:

(and yeh that's 2 .love projects running inside a love project, loveception.)
appleide
Party member

Post by appleide »

I've got a complete textfield here.

http://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2574

See your URL bar textfield? Works the same, with mouse highlight, etc.

Use it, and save some effort. Oh and there's checkboxes and buttons and frames in there too. :)
kraftman
Party member

Post by kraftman »

appleide wrote:I've got a complete textfield here.

http://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2574

See your URL bar textfield? Works the same, with mouse highlight, etc.

Use it, and save some effort. Oh and there's checkboxes and buttons and frames in there too. :)
Thanks, but i wouldn't even know where to start with working out your code ><
kraftman
Party member

Post by kraftman »

I figured a double post is less of a sin that creating a new thread for something not entirely off topic.

Here's a very basic IRC client running using my GUI, feel free to have a play. It doesnt handle strings very well yet so sometimes they can overrun, and you need to use JOIN <channel name> in the server window to join a new channel.
Attachments
IRCtest.love
(8.58 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
kraftman
Party member

Post by kraftman »

Not sure if this counts as a double post since the last one was so long ago; I've added multi line edit boxes with syntax highlighting and scrollbars now, they use framebuffers to reduce the effects of having to call love.graphics.print so many times to get different coloured fonts:
MultiLineEditBox.love
(8.29 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
The scrollbars still need a little work :)