Vapor - LÖVE Distribution Client

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Davidobot
Party member

Re: Vapor - LÖVE Distribution Client

Post by Davidobot »

jjmafiae wrote:YES I FINALLY GOT AN GOOD IDEA, My Life Goal Is Complete! I can die now! :ultraglee:
Jesus Christ Gustav, stop being so happy about being able to die! Anyway, being able to add mods to games using Vapor is a pretty good idea, though most games aren't designed to be modded.
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

all my future games will have mod support, but i wanted to mod vapor not have mod support for the games but that is also an great idea.
josefnpat
Inner party member

Post by josefnpat »

Eamonn wrote:Why is this under "issues"? It's not really an issue that the game doesn't have a description for the game as it's not a bug. Just saying.
Eamonn wrote:Ah. Maybe it's a GitHub thing. Usually, when I say somethings an issue I mean it's a problem, and the only problem in a game would be a bug. Anyway, getting off topic.
jjmafiae wrote:no an issue and a problem is two different things, similar but not the same.
You guys are on crack. Quit using the Webster dictionary definition of "issue" and get with the paradigm;

An issue tracking system (also ITS, trouble ticket system, support ticket or incident ticket system) is a computer software package that manages and maintains lists of issues, as needed by an organization. Issue tracking systems are commonly used in an organization's customer support call center to create, update, and resolve reported customer issues, or even issues reported by that organization's other employees. An issue tracking system often also contains a knowledge base containing information on each customer, resolutions to common problems, and other such data. An issue tracking system is similar to a "bugtracker", and often, a software company will sell both, and some bugtrackers are capable of being used as an issue tracking system, and vice versa. Consistent use of an issue or bug tracking system is considered one of the "hallmarks of a good software team".[1]
substitute541 wrote:A little logo that I made.
Basically a representation of the water molecule (yes, it was meant to look like Steam's logo.)
Nifty! Post it in the issue queue, so we can get some threaded feedback on it. As for feedback, five colors seems to be a bit much, esp when there are two reds that are very close.
jjmafiae wrote:can we add mod support for vapor?
Eamonn wrote:^This. I love this idea. It'd probably be hard to implement, but you could maybe have menu come up when you right click that says "Details", "Delete", "Mods", and you can choose to download mods and install them. The right click GUI could be done with LöveFrames I believe.
jjmafiae wrote:YES I FINALLY GOT AN GOOD IDEA, My Life Goal Is Complete! I can die now! :ultraglee:
Davidobot wrote:Jesus Christ Gustav, stop being so happy about being able to die! Anyway, being able to add mods to games using Vapor is a pretty good idea, though most games aren't designed to be modded.
jjmafiae wrote:all my future games will have mod support, but i wanted to mod vapor not have mod support for the games but that is also an great idea.
At least you guys haven't derailed the thread entirely ... please make a new issue if this is something you would really like to see.

https://github.com/josefnpat/vapor/issues/new
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

i try to keep the trains on the track because i love trains.
Eamonn
Party member

Post by Eamonn »

jjmafiae wrote:i try to keep the trains on the track because i love trains.
Don't.... I don't want you to derail this thread and I get involved too :O

So, you know about our derailing escapades? :awesome:

I'm trying to keep threads on track, though for some reason they end up going off topic, but it's only when the 3 of us post on a thread. It's not a thing I do intentionally, as I'm sure you can imagine, it just sort of happens, and I don't like it(though sometimes I get a good laugh at where a thread goes). It's part of the reason I don't post much anymore.

I didn't get my definition of issue from anywhere. It's just my own opinion :P Anyway.

I'm not on crack. Eamonn Rea does not promote use of drugs.

Yeah, I'd love to see the feature added to the already awesome Vapor! :)
"In those quiet moments, you come into my mind" - Liam Reilly
substitute541
Party member

Post by substitute541 »

Glad to see the thread isn't derailed.. yet.

Anyways, added black-and-white versions of the logo at the issue tracker.
Currently designing themes for WordPress.

Sometimes lurks around the forum.
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

josefnpat wrote:
SiENcE wrote:So what about using this client with love-webplayer or LÖVELINESS?
vapor is pretty dependent on love.filesystem and os.execute.

Does javascript have access to something similar to os.execute?

On top of that, vapor bluescreens with loveliness :(
Ahm ... i think it's more easy than on win/linux/mac. Just do this: If a player presses the play game button, open another browser-page (href="_blank") to the games love-file. At least LÖVELINESS should work. But i don't know if you can open a browser-page from inside of the nativ-client sandbox.
josefnpat
Inner party member

Post by josefnpat »

substitute541 wrote:Glad to see the thread isn't derailed.. yet.

Anyways, added black-and-white versions of the logo at the issue tracker.
Check the issue tracker :) It's really nice!
SiENcE wrote:Ahm ... i think it's more easy than on win/linux/mac. Just do this: If a player presses the play game button, open another browser-page (href="_blank") to the games love-file. At least LÖVELINESS should work. But i don't know if you can open a browser-page from inside of the nativ-client sandbox.
SiEnce: do you mean via os.execute? Shoudl I be using an "xdg-open firefox fname.love"?

What flag can I use to check to see if it's being run via loveliness/browser client?

Update:

* Re-factoring
* Prevents you from deleting a game while it's downloading. (Thanks for reporting that leafo!)

Update 2:

* Not only did @jpikl post his Tower Quest game, but he also figured out how to host the .love files on bitbucket.org!

Check out this pull request to see how he did it: https://github.com/josefnpat/vapor/pull/67

Update 3:

* Thanks kawata for Metanet Hunter!
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

SiENcE wrote:Ahm ... i think it's more easy than on win/linux/mac. Just do this: If a player presses the play game button, open another browser-page (href="_blank") to the games love-file. At least LÖVELINESS should work. But i don't know if you can open a browser-page from inside of the nativ-client sandbox.
SiENcE: do you mean via os.execute? Shoudl I be using an "xdg-open firefox fname.love"?

What flag can I use to check to see if it's being run via loveliness/browser client?

For love-webplayer you can use this:

To check if you use love-webplayer.

Code: Select all

if (love.web) then ... end
To execute javascript. Here you could place a link-redirect to the love-webplayer game. Of couse the game has to be placed on a webserver with love-webplayer. Here is one of our games for testing (SlimeABug).

Code: Select all

love.web.javascript("jsfun()")
About LÖVELINESS i curently don't know. But there is a discussion about in the issues.
jonyzz
Prole

Post by jonyzz »

Awesome project :awesome:

Today I was kinda bored, so I made this web page containing Vapor download links and showcase of all available games. Everything is generated from games.json by this simple lua script, the logo was made by substitute541. I'm not sure if it can be somehow useful, so I'm just sharing the idea ^^.