Penetrator (Geometry lib)

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
szensk
Party member

Re: Penetrator (Geometry lib)

Post by szensk »

Ranguna259 wrote:Found rectangle.java source code, I'm gonna start converting now, anyone who want to help is free to, just pick up the code in the link, convert it to löve and post it here or on GitHub.

Code: Select all

/*
2  * @(#)Rectangle.java 1.70 04/05/18
3  *
4  * Copyright 2004 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
5  * SUN PROPRIETARY/CONFIDENTIAL. Use is subject to license terms.
6  */
I don't know if that's the best idea. You can copy their interface without violating the license (probably), but straight up porting it? I don't think that's allowed by those terms.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Yeah, that would be illegal.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

Awww sh*t.. I new this was to good to be true, finding this stuff on the web is really hard stuff, good thing I found an easier way of coding the isInter(), java's way had some unnecessary code in it, and back I go to scouting the internet for these things (I'll miss you java rectangles's source code tab :cry: )

Thanks for the warning guys :) gotta pay more attention to these things
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

xXxMoNkEyMaNxXx wrote:Does anyone have code for the area of intersection of two squares with arbitrary size, position, and rotation? I could make a perfect image resize and rotate with it. I might make it eventually if no one else has.
For the Area of the Intersection you can now do

Code: Select all

getArea(getInter(rect1,rect2))
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
jonyzz
Prole

Post by jonyzz »

Ranguna259 wrote:Awww sh*t.. I new this was to good to be true, finding this stuff on the web is really hard stuff, good thing I found an easier way of coding the isInter(), java's way had some unnecessary code in it, and back I go to scouting the internet for these things (I'll miss you java rectangles's source code tab :cry: )

Thanks for the warning guys :) gotta pay more attention to these things
You can use Open JDK source code if you don't mind the GNU GPL license.
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

Robin what do you have to say about Open JDK's GNU GPL license ? Is it safe to port the source to this lib ?

Check out my twitter.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Ranguna259 wrote:Robin what do you have to say about Open JDK's GNU GPL license ? Is it safe to port the source to this lib ?
You can, but.. are you familiar with the GPL? It means that your own code must be licensed under the GPL as well, so that it is Free (as in, open source).
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

Robin wrote:
Ranguna259 wrote:Robin what do you have to say about Open JDK's GNU GPL license ? Is it safe to port the source to this lib ?
You can, but.. are you familiar with the GPL? It means that your own code must be licensed under the GPL as well, so that it is Free (as in, open source).
So if I want to use JDK's source I'd had to change my license to GPL ? If so what are the major differences between löve's license and GPL ?

Check out my twitter.
szensk
Party member

Post by szensk »

Ranguna259 wrote:So if I want to use JDK's source I'd had to change my license to GPL ? If so what are the major differences between löve's license and GPL ?
Mainly that anything derivative must be licensed under the GPL and the source code must be made available (ie, you can't just give them the Lua bytecode, give them the .lua file).
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

szensk wrote:Mainly that anything derivative must be licensed under the GPL and the source code must be made available (ie, you can't just give them the Lua bytecode, give them the .lua file).
So I just gotta add GPL's license to Penetrator's current license and everything'll be fine, right ? (source code, the .lua file, is provided here and in github)

Check out my twitter.