Lövely Clouds

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Robin
The Omniscient

Lövely Clouds

Post by Robin »

I made a small test program that shows some clouds floating around, perhaps usable as background animation for a platformer. Please tell me what you think.
Attachments
clouds.love
The very first version
(21.21 KiB) Downloaded 489 times
Help us help you: attach a .love.
iamah
Prole

Re: Lövely Clouds

Post by iamah »

good start for a game... if i had the skills I'd try adding depth feeling, by making small clouds from behind move slower than bigger clouds in the front... maybe 3 depth levels would be cool
Skofo
Party member

Post by Skofo »

I think that the color you used for the sky is too deep and unnatural... :shock: Kind of hurts my eyes. I would use something like the LOVE Club's banner color, which is (16, 159, 230), but that's just me.

But if that's your intentional style thing, then it's all good. ^^
Working on: Viator
Need a 64-bit Debian package for LÖVE? Here it is!
pundit
Prole

Post by pundit »

I think this is cool. I agree on the color though.
Xcmd
Party member

Post by Xcmd »

That color of blue can and does exist in the sky. You're looking at late mid-day in the northern hemisphere around autumn.

Also this is nice. I think it would be a good background for a platform game, yes. :D
We don't borrow, we don't read, we don't rent, we don't lease, we take the minds!
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Skofo wrote:I think that the color you used for the sky is too deep and unnatural... :shock: Kind of hurts my eyes. I would use something like the LOVE Club's banner color, which is (16, 159, 230), but that's just me.
This was just a test, and I really didn't pay much attention to colour. However, after I read your comment, I checked it, and maybe your right. If I or someone else wants to make a game with it, your suggestion might be a better choice. In a real game, I would also make the clouds slower, so they don't distract the player too much.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
iamwilhelm
Prole

Post by iamwilhelm »

Kinda nice, nice, though I was hoping for something like a 2D version of the the PS3 game "flower" http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/flowery/.

I think it can turn into a nice thing to just cloud watch, and see shapes forming into rabbits and dissipate. It's somewhat of a hard effect to achieve, but with simple polygons that are floating in parallax, you can design it so that when the cloud shapes line up just right, they look like an animal.
Skofo
Party member

Post by Skofo »

iamwilhelm wrote:Kinda nice, nice, though I was hoping for something like a 2D version of the the PS3 game "flower" http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/flowery/.

I think it can turn into a nice thing to just cloud watch, and see shapes forming into rabbits and dissipate. It's somewhat of a hard effect to achieve, but with simple polygons that are floating in parallax, you can design it so that when the cloud shapes line up just right, they look like an animal.
Sounds like you're the right man for the job to create a sky library. ;)
Working on: Viator
Need a 64-bit Debian package for LÖVE? Here it is!
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Depends on how well it's done, but looks nice.
BTW, why did you link us to a Japanese page?
iamwilhelm
Prole

Post by iamwilhelm »

Skofo wrote:
iamwilhelm wrote:Kinda nice, nice, though I was hoping for something like a 2D version of the the PS3 game "flower" http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/flowery/.

Sounds like you're the right man for the job to create a sky library. ;)
Haha. Eventually, sure. It sounds like an interesting problem to tackle. But right now, I'm working on Frock. http://love2d.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=470