Döve - A Löve IDE

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Merkoth
Party member

Re: Döve - A Löve IDE - v0.1 Demo

Post by Merkoth »

bartbes wrote:
CR4SH3D wrote: im working on getting realbasic to convert it for mac :)
What? No linux?
BTW if you're looking into cross-compiling vb I suggest Mono (someone is going to complain about that), don't know what good it is though.
But Mono can only produce do VB.net, which is very different from VB6 (fortunately). I did some VB.net stuff on Mono for the uni since I couldn't be arsed to use Windows just for that. It works pretty well, IMHO. A shame some Ubuntu packager forgot to include the freaking VB compiler in the Mono package.
Skofo
Party member

Post by Skofo »

bartbes wrote:I ran it under WINE (try installing the visual basic 6 runtime)
Ahh, now it works. ^^

Not much, but hey, it's a start. ;)
Working on: Viator
Need a 64-bit Debian package for LÖVE? Here it is!
mike
Administrator

Post by mike »

Wow. This looked really funky. Got to give you kudos on making it really look like LÖVE. However, I am going to be pissing on your parade right about now:
  1. It really doesn't look like an IDE... although I löve (ha, puns) the visuals it does have a lot of unneccessary flair that could easily be omitted for the sake of expanding the content area. Look at how Visual Studio does it, or even context highlighting programs like Notepad++..
  2. Visual Basic is not a programming language. Hehe, just kidding. I've had arguments with a friend who claimed that VB is better than C++ in every way. The arguments always ended badly because he was a moron, but my point is that perhaps you should try to do it in a languge that is inherently cross-platform? Have you thought about looking into Qt? Keep in mind that a lot of the people who use löve are nerds who use Linux and some even *gasp* run it on a Mac.
  3. Again, not to be too mean about your design, but the fact that you are using a custom close-button rather than building a program that "integrates" well into the system of choice is probably not the best thing. The header is HUEG too. I would really recommend looking into a cross-platform GUI toolkit like Qt to build your program in.
Now that all that is done I just want to say that you are AWESOME for taking a stab at this. This is an idea that both rude and I want to avoid like the plague because the scope of the project is as massive as löve itself ^^
Now posting IN STEREO (where available)
CR4SH3D
Citizen

Post by CR4SH3D »

1. I can comletely see that, im changing it around now to work on where tabs will go, ill post another screen shot when thats done :)
2. haha ive heard that before too. ill have a look around, ive picked up VB really easily though, and that makes it alot quicker to get ideas done, once ive tidied up the code and finalised it ill try coding it for cross platform *notes qt*

thanks for the feed back :)
mike wrote:Wow. This looked really funky. Got to give you kudos on making it really look like LÖVE. However, I am going to be pissing on your parade right about now:
  1. It really doesn't look like an IDE... although I löve (ha, puns) the visuals it does have a lot of unneccessary flair that could easily be omitted for the sake of expanding the content area. Look at how Visual Studio does it, or even context highlighting programs like Notepad++..
  2. Visual Basic is not a programming language. Hehe, just kidding. I've had arguments with a friend who claimed that VB is better than C++ in every way. The arguments always ended badly because he was a moron, but my point is that perhaps you should try to do it in a languge that is inherently cross-platform? Have you thought about looking into Qt? Keep in mind that a lot of the people who use löve are nerds who use Linux and some even *gasp* run it on a Mac.
  3. Again, not to be too mean about your design, but the fact that you are using a custom close-button rather than building a program that "integrates" well into the system of choice is probably not the best thing. The header is HUEG too. I would really recommend looking into a cross-platform GUI toolkit like Qt to build your program in.
Now that all that is done I just want to say that you are AWESOME for taking a stab at this. This is an idea that both rude and I want to avoid like the plague because the scope of the project is as massive as löve itself ^^
hellfiresage
Prole

Post by hellfiresage »

what language was this programmed in?
Neptar
Prole

Post by Neptar »

hellfiresage wrote:what language was this programmed in?
VB6.
CR4SH3D
Citizen

Re: Döve - A Löve IDE

Post by CR4SH3D »

Adding modules to the syntax library:
I need to know if the following method seems ok

* Folder 'syntax modules' contains .txt file named the for example, love.txt
* Folder 'syntax modules' contains folder 'love' for love modules
* This folder contains .txt named for instance 'graphics.txt
* These text files contain the commands for the modules

I imported all commands listed in the tables in the documentation in under 10 minuets so it should be easy enough to do.
ill also add a form to do create the files/folders

Update:
* Im reworking the code looking up possible code entries and its working alot better
* Interface is getting alot more spacious
* Archiving and launching of projects