DEVötiön IDE (Now available for Download!)

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Brother Erryn
Prole

Re: DEVötiön IDE

Post by Brother Erryn »

Went there, tried that...no MonoDevelop, only a command-line compiler. I really don't want to repeatedly run via command line to validate it compiles in Mono. :)
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

You can try MoMA, which has a GUI.
ido
Prole

Post by ido »

Brother Erryn wrote:Went there, tried that...no MonoDevelop, only a command-line compiler. I really don't want to repeatedly run via command line to validate it compiles in Mono. :)
Why not? It is faster than lunching MonoDevelop and clicking "compile" (or whatever it is you need to do) ;)
Brother Erryn
Prole

Post by Brother Erryn »

But it's not nearly as fast as just working in Visual Studio. :)

Code folding and all the file management (tree drag/drop/add/delete/rename/etc.) are done. Merged build is done. I'm setting up options (for pointing to the executable for those that don't actually install, setting fonts, a few preferences, and so on), then I need to get the rest of the LÖVE methods into the syntax file and possibly a basic help file in place, then I think it'll be safe to have a first release. I can probably get to this point within a week.

Or I can sidetrack into Mono and spend a while doing that before any release (it would require heavily editing or rewriting the syntax highlighter). So, another month or two at least? :)
alenofx
Prole

Post by alenofx »

I really like it, good work!
I can help in the Mono porting, if necessary. ^^
hdon
Prole

Post by hdon »

Brother Erryn wrote:Went there, tried that...no MonoDevelop, only a command-line compiler. I really don't want to repeatedly run via command line to validate it compiles in Mono. :)
It's only two keystrokes. If you need, I can make you an application with one button that will do the check for you.
Brother Erryn
Prole

Post by Brother Erryn »

bartbes wrote:You can try MoMA, which has a GUI.
As I mentioned earlier, I did that and found the syntax highlighter to be full of issues.
hdon wrote:It's only two keystrokes. If you need, I can make you an application with one button that will do the check for you.
Checking it along the way is not the problem. It's getting it to a Mono-working state up front with the biggest piece (the syntax highlighter) is very non-Mono-compatible. I don't want to put off a release for weeks or months while that gets rewritten from scratch.

I'm going to put the .NET version on Google Code when I'm done, where anybody that wants it in Mono can have at it. :)
osgeld
Party member

Post by osgeld »

sounds fair enough
Brother Erryn
Prole

Post by Brother Erryn »

Just letting everybody know that I haven't quit or anything, just busy implementing Intellisense and making a couple of minor fixes to the syntax highlighter. Setting up the methods for this is simple, but time-consuming.
Brother Erryn
Prole

Project Page Up, Download Available

Post by Brother Erryn »

There is now a Google Code project page (MIT license) for DEVötiön, and version 0.5.0 is available for download. A couple of notes:

1. This requires the .NET 2.0 runtimes
2. This is very much a "use at your own risk" program. Back up your stuff!
3. It's not done completely, and I'm aware the Intellisense is incomplete (and may behave strangely). Anybody that wants to work on the Intellisense.xml file is more than welcome to. :)

http://code.google.com/p/devotion/