DEVötiön IDE (Now available for Download!)

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
appleide
Party member

Re: DEVötiön IDE (Now available for Download!)

Post by appleide »

As expected, doesn't work via mono on mac os x.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

I had to install System.Window.Forms and libgluezilla, and after that: segmentation fault.

EDIT: Let me give a better explanation:
It errors with
mono wrote: ** (DEVotion.exe:13105): WARNING **: Thread (nil) may have been prematurely finalized
So yes, that's a threading problem (or a problem with a thread).
mike
Administrator

Post by mike »

Encountered this error when I was trying to save the file:

Code: Select all

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\devotion633747985450000000\test.love\main.lua'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding)
   at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding)
   at DEVotion.Main.saveToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DEVotion
    Assembly Version: 0.5.3384.35002
    Win32 Version: 0.5.3384.35002
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/devotion/DEVotion.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Puzzle.SyntaxBox.NET3.5
    Assembly Version: 1.4.10.35001
    Win32 Version: 1.4.10.35001
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/devotion/Puzzle.SyntaxBox.NET3.5.DLL
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
DEVotion.resources
    Assembly Version: 0.5.3384.35002
    Win32 Version: 0.5.3384.35002
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/devotion/en-US/DEVotion.resources.DLL
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib
    Assembly Version: 0.85.5.452
    Win32 Version: 0.85.5.452
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/devotion/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL
System.Web
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
Build didn't really build my project, just an empty one. Probably because I couldn't save the file. Also, running the game didn't do anything.
Now posting IN STEREO (where available)
Brother Erryn
Prole

Post by Brother Erryn »

My mistake, Mike...I forgot I had changed the file path code in most places, and missed that one.

New version 0.5.3 is up, and this time I made sure this is fixed.
Brother Erryn
Prole

Post by Brother Erryn »

appleide wrote:As expected, doesn't work via mono on mac os x.
Yeah, I'm not surprised. As I mentioned earlier, the biggest problem is the syntax highlighter itself.
bartbes wrote:I had to install System.Window.Forms and libgluezilla, and after that: segmentation fault.

EDIT: Let me give a better explanation:
It errors with
mono wrote: ** (DEVotion.exe:13105): WARNING **: Thread (nil) may have been prematurely finalized
So yes, that's a threading problem (or a problem with a thread).
That's Ubuntu, right? Another Mono issue?
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Yes, ubuntu & mono.
SAHChandler
Prole

Post by SAHChandler »

Ran the SyntaxBox through the Mono analyzer. Looks like it will need a serious rewrite to work with mono as it makes some user32.dll and gdi32.dll calls that are not supported on *nix systems. Somewhere in the range or 90 or so calls. I'm going to take a look to see how plausible it is to fix it for *nix, and make it platform independent without changing the code.

EDIT: MIGHT be plausible to just change the syntaxbox, but it's definitely beyond my scope of abilities, and looks like it would involve a lot of time.
Self Unemployed
Brother Erryn
Prole

Post by Brother Erryn »

SAHChandler wrote:Ran the SyntaxBox through the Mono analyzer. Looks like it will need a serious rewrite to work with mono as it makes some user32.dll and gdi32.dll calls that are not supported on *nix systems. Somewhere in the range or 90 or so calls. I'm going to take a look to see how plausible it is to fix it for *nix, and make it platform independent without changing the code.

EDIT: MIGHT be plausible to just change the syntaxbox, but it's definitely beyond my scope of abilities, and looks like it would involve a lot of time.
That's pretty much what I found when I analyzed it, and pretty much the same conclusion. Someday I might actually tackle that.
CR4SH3D
Citizen

Post by CR4SH3D »

awesome app! stunning job and its making coding for me alot easier ;) cheers

one thing i will suggest is the method i used for populating that auto completion list. i had a folder to store the syntax in, within that folder was another called 'love' and then text files for 'graphics' 'sound' etc containing the commands

if you loop through to load them all it lets people create their own libraries and just past a textfile in for the auto complete to include it

only errors ive found so far are:
  • not having .lua file loaded when trying to import another resource does nothing but doesnt crash
    deleting resources and loading another in i dont think works
    auto complete box stays in window sometime
    something like spliff is still picked up as if by auto complete (make the check string "if " i think to fix it?)
    ^might happen with other strings too
    compiling with exe doesnt work i dont think either
is there going to be an update soon? :)
also what language is this coded in?
Brother Erryn
Prole

Post by Brother Erryn »

Thanks for the kind words. If you would, post bugs in the Google Code project and I'll work them as I can. I haven't been working on it lately, since my day job has been a bit of a "day AND night" job, but I do plan to continue working on it.

I'm surprised the EXE build doesn't work...I actually tested that quite a bit. When I get the chance, I'll try it out again to make sure I didn't break something.

It's written in C#, using Visual Studio Express 2008.