TacoShell, sample program

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
appleide
Party member

Re: TacoShell, sample program

Post by appleide »

IMHO Your code isn't as bad as everyone's saying it to be. It's just sort of "bureaucratic", making it hard to understand. This is inevitable as you have multiple people working on your code. Your 'bureaucracy' is a system that allows code from everyone in your team become compatible. However it also makes it hard for others to understand, so you'll need some documentation. Don't be discouraged so easily! Its nice work you have there. Just make a documentation about how to use it and make a small example showing how few lines you need to do something cool from your library. If this isn't possible then you need to find a way to put your 'bureau' into a bottle so all other people need to know is how to put a straw inside. ;)
Kuromeku
Party member

Post by Kuromeku »

I'm sorry for being such an ass with my comment, the code is certainly of high quality and the 'TacoShell' itself is brilliant. The criticism posted as to the complexity of the code I agree with, however.
Star Crunch
Prole

Post by Star Crunch »

TsT wrote:What/Where is the LÖVE ETA policy ?
http://love2d.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=601 :)
appleide wrote:Don't be discouraged so easily!
Nah, don't worry, I'm not discouraged.
Kudomiku wrote:I'm sorry for being such an ass with my comment, the code is certainly of high quality and the 'TacoShell' itself is brilliant. The criticism posted as to the complexity of the code I agree with, however.
I actually didn't mind the comment, though it was driving me nuts that night trying to guess what you meant. :)

And it led me to clean up some things, e.g. really big multiple assignments.

I'll attempt to cover the major idioms / practices at work when I do the documentation, which should address some of the complexity.