Town of the Damned [Survival/Horror]

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Asvarduil
Prole

Town of the Damned [Survival/Horror]

Post by Asvarduil »

First off - while I'm learning this engine, I have to say this: it's a good one. Considering I've already got experience with making games (my RPG project also in progress, Ander's Journey should be proof, ;) ) The LOVE Engine gives me a lot of possibilities.

The dude who created the "Survival" game partially inspired this, as well as the fact that I've wanted to make a survival-type game that relies more on skill and story, and a little bit less on explosions and total death...though there's plenty of that to be found, too. I've got the basic systems set down, and soon to be implemented:

-Food System: No one really likes food systems, but since this is a survival game, Food has double importance. Not only must you seek food periodically to stay alive, it also can provide an instant cure after fights with the town of Halmock's nefarious residents. Also, certain foods improve your total health and attack permanently!

-Combat System: Nestled deep within the woodlands of the Appalachian Mountains, Halmock is not only populated by rugged, and questionably undead, townsfolk, but hostile woodland creatures also make regular forays into this on-the-edge of civilization hamlet. Sounds alert entities to entities' presence, and the human enemies will call for help if they think they've got you good and cornered...or if they need a little extra backup because you're putting up a good fight.

-Dynamic Gameplay System: Deanna Milton, our isolated, vulnerable heroine, will never have two identical stories of harrowing battles with rabid animals and ferocious undead. While the story locations are constant milestones by which to measure your progress through the game, the game experience changes - enemies in general remember your favorite weapons and actions, thus causing you to change your tactics often, but also the enemies themselves occasionally act or react irrationaly!

I'm not doing anything too unusual or out of the "Resident Evil" box, as this is my first attempt at a survival game. However, I'm trying to create a dynamic, fun experience using the LOVE Engine...and so far things are shaping up well enough. I've got no screenshots just yet; they are soon to come, however.

Enjoy, and discuss. (Unicorns if you want.)
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: Town of the Damned [Survival/Horror]

Post by bartbes »

Sounds like a professional game, GREAT! (oh, and btw, you should not be able to kill unicorns)
Asvarduil
Prole

Post by Asvarduil »

Yeah, unicorn slaughter = BIG no-no.

Zombie kittens though... :joker:
rude
Administrator

Post by rude »

I can feel the tension already. :halloween:

Good luck. :ultraglee:
Asvarduil
Prole

Post by Asvarduil »

Thanks Rude :neko:

The hard part for me is designing all the characters I want, making them fit into the scenario...then deciding on a graphic style. I was thinking of pre-rendering a la FFVII for this one, as I'd have a lot of control over the environs...but then too, Ander's Journey is a pixel/tile work, and I think a tile setup would be easier to program. I'm just not sure with a lot of it. I'm just getting this project started.