Installation on Linux should be rather easy, on Mac I can feel the pain you'll get with libzip & lua-zip (there's a symlink somewhere) and lua-sec (because openssl has been replaced with libressl), but you should make it. I assume that if you already have a working installation of LuaRocks on Windows, then you should know how to deal with this.
If someone could provide detailed instructions on how to install love-release on Mac OS X and Windows, this would be nice.
The missing features are:
- icons support (still)
- Android & iOS port. I'll get on the Android soon (I hope), and the iOS port hasn't very much (at all ?) instructions too.
- Load your own build scripts, if you'd like to use custom commands or custom LÖVE binaries.
- Support for LÖVE games before 0.6.0. Are there still binaries and games for this in the wild ? I don't know, I wasn't around.
- Tests. I have heard that tests and coverage stuff are good things in software development. Busted ? Tap ? Telescope ? Then... luacov ? Then.. Travis-CI and coveralls ?
- Linux static binaries #9
- Get the list of tracked files from the VCS
I think this Lua rewrite is more efficient than the Bahs set of scripts, but sometimes it's just easier to use a zip -9 -q -r than the Lua equivalent.
Tell me what you think !