Lilove (Bootable Linux+Love ISO)

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
matej
Prole

Re: Lilove (Bootable Linux+Love ISO)

Post by matej »

Thats nice button. I will use them for menu on desktop, I will also needs start menu icon and vapor ware versions icons (best with version numbers) and toolbar (its like button but square and no shading on start and end). So I will skin OpenBox by myself...
And that babies for background?

But first I will do proto-distro with ugly skin just for my own testing and than I will needs your help with theme design...
BozoDel
Party member

Post by BozoDel »

I'll have to be the ~bad news guy~ again. What about drivers? The open source drivers have issues with OpenGL, and you can't bundle the proprietary drivers, as that would violate the GPL. That doesn't mean you should give up right away, tho. But we're gonna have to run some tests.

The good thing is that open drivers are likely to get much better from now on, GPU makers are getting all friendly because of SteamOS.
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

Can you show a window at first boot telling the user that those drivers need to be downloaded, with a button to do it automatically?
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
matej
Prole

Post by matej »

BozoDel wrote:I'll have to be the ~bad news guy~ again. What about drivers? The open source drivers have issues with OpenGL, and you can't bundle the proprietary drivers, as that would violate the GPL. That doesn't mean you should give up right away, tho. But we're gonna have to run some tests.

The good thing is that open drivers are likely to get much better from now on, GPU makers are getting all friendly because of SteamOS.
Thats right... Yep there must be weblink for drivers and people will install them by theirself.
bekey
Party member

[]

Post by bekey »

-snip-
Last edited by bekey on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
AKAdelta
Prole

Post by AKAdelta »

I think we should add a Lua developer's console so that we could develop in the operating system. Also, we could build a webpage with LOVE games listed and have hyperlinks that would automatically start an FTP download from a central server.
BozoDel
Party member

Post by BozoDel »

Regarding the driver issue, I think it all goes back to the question of where things will be saved. In my experience, changing drivers always requires a reboot. So we'll need a folder in the user's computer, and Lilove must be able to find that folder automatically.
AKAdelta wrote:Also, we could build a webpage with LOVE games listed and have hyperlinks that would automatically start an FTP download from a central server.
There's already some projects with that in mind, like Vapor and Lövely Files.
josefnpat
Inner party member

Post by josefnpat »

BozoDel wrote:There's already some projects with that in mind, like Vapor and Lövely Files.
Vapor is zlib/libpng: I would be honored if you included it in the iso :)

I like this idea, and have been toying with doing the same thing with porteus :)
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push
matej
Prole

Post by matej »

Now I am making Love game console!
http://uzebox.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2385