[library] Upperclass.lua

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
rdlaitila
Prole

[library] Upperclass.lua

Post by rdlaitila »

Hello All,

Presenting Upperclass, a Lua Class Implementation for the privileged :cool:

https://github.com/admin36/lua-upperclass

Although many other class implementations exist, upperclass provides additional class features such as:
  • Class Member Scopes public, private, protected allowing tailored access to class members from inside/outside of classes
  • Strict Class Property Member types that support all available lua types string, boolean, number, table, userdata and behavior to fail when property types are violated
  • Ability to utilize metamethods __index and __newindex within your class definition to build custom class behavior (most other class libraries prohibit use of __index and __newindex
My library fits my needs. I am looking for specific feedback to determine if this library is ready for community consumption and any/all other feedback.

:ultrahappy:
rdlaitila
Prole

Re: [library] Upperclass.lua

Post by rdlaitila »

0.3.1 Released!

https://github.com/admin36/lua-uppercla ... /tag/0.3.1

Feedback welcome and appreciated!
I~=Spam
Party member

Post by I~=Spam »

Very nice! I have been wanting somthing just like this! :awesome: (But not quite enough to make it myself :P)
My Tox ID: 0F1FB9170B94694A90FBCF6C4DDBDB9F58A9E4CDD0B4267E50BF9CDD62A0F947E376C5482610
rlaitila
Prole

Post by rlaitila »

Thanks I~=Spam!

Just curious, what features were you looking for specifically? In my case many of my projects and libraries needed a class system with strict typing and scoped members which is why I choose to start the daunting task of building a class library that provided such features.

I have hopes to integrate additional features such as:

- Interfaces
- Enums
- User defined error handling
- Auto generated accessors
- Property member multiple types
- Property member type of another upperclass class

But unless the community request such features, I will wait until I need them to begin the development of them.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy upperclass. Let me know if you have any trouble/bugs.