LÖVE-API Documentation (as a lua table)

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
rmcode
Party member

LÖVE-API Documentation (as a lua table)

Post by rmcode »

The complete API documentation of LÖVE contained in a lua table.

The project was originally started by Santos who did a majority of the work. He gave his permission to host the project online.

The API information is based on the LÖVE-Wiki, but updated manually. Therefore there is no guarantee that everything is correct and up to date. If you find any errors, outdated information or missing content, please file a bug report or create a pull request.

Contributions are more than welcome!

The code lives at github and the latest release can be found here.
Last edited by rmcode on Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
ejmr
Party member

Re: LOVE-API

Post by ejmr »

I'm probably missing something obvious, but what is a practical use-case for this?
ejmr :: Programming and Game-Dev Blog, GitHub
南無妙法蓮華經
rmcode
Party member

Post by rmcode »

ejmr wrote:I'm probably missing something obvious, but what is a practical use-case for this?
Quite obviously: Procrastination!

Jokes aside, I use it to auto-generate a LÖVE-Plugin for IntelliJ IDEA for example.

I also know paulclinger uses it for ZeroBraneStudio.
ejmr
Party member

Post by ejmr »

rmcode wrote:Quite obviously: Procrastination!
Well I'm a game developer too, so procrastination is mandatory right? Otherwise we're not doing it right...
Jokes aside, I use it to auto-generate a LÖVE-Plugin for IntelliJ IDEA for example.
Ah cool, that makes sense. Thanks for the example. Long ago I wrote a simple LÖVE mode for Emacs, and your example makes me think I could use LOVE-API to improve the functionality of that.
ejmr :: Programming and Game-Dev Blog, GitHub
南無妙法蓮華經
rmcode
Party member

Post by rmcode »

ejmr wrote:Well I'm a game developer too, so procrastination is mandatory right? Otherwise we're not doing it right...
Haha indeed! :awesome:
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

I could also imagine this being used for an interactive löve demo app, for each function say.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
rmcode
Party member

Post by rmcode »

zorg wrote:I could also imagine this being used for an interactive löve demo app, for each function say.
It could definitely be used to generate an interactive documentation. Examples could be taken directly from the wiki too now that I think about it.
rmcode
Party member

Re: LÖVE-API Documentation

Post by rmcode »

Updated to 0.9.2! :awesome:
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

rmcode wrote:
zorg wrote:I could also imagine this being used for an interactive löve demo app, for each function say.
It could definitely be used to generate an interactive documentation. Examples could be taken directly from the wiki too now that I think about it.
Yeah, it was talked about in the other thread, but i didn't see any progress with it; maybe i'll take it on me to do something about it after all; :3
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
rmcode
Party member

Re: LÖVE-API Documentation

Post by rmcode »

Pushed three small updates:

Code: Select all

#0.9.2c
- Fixed faulty escape sequence in love.filesystem

#0.9.2b
- Added love.filesystem.mount
- Added love.filesystem.unmount
- Added love.filesystem.setSource
- Added love.filesystem.setSourceBaseDirectory

#0.9.2a
- Fixed require statements
If you find more functions which are missing from the documentation please report them here or on github.