Unexplored

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
sabadyCZ
Prole

Re: Unexplored

Post by sabadyCZ »

After a looong time here is another video. Strange color background is due to poor video quality... After that I can finally make things like buildings, ship upgrades or other interesting things. It is really slowly development. I'm working on it in free time...

ArchAngel075
Party member

Post by ArchAngel075 »

There is something pleasing about those laser pew pews and *BOOM!?!* sounds....
Even though id make arguments about sound in space I won't as I'm a fan of big boom sounds and its a very nice indicator of impact too.

Though any plan to make the sounds 3D (if they are not already) Hearing a massive boom a few away is okay, but hearing a boom next to you from a dodged projectile is almost as satisfying as hearing a low rumble of an opponents craft being annihilated far off.

The UI and scale option (especially that on the fly zoom in/out) is very well done.
sabadyCZ
Prole

Post by sabadyCZ »

ArchAngel075 wrote:There is something pleasing about those laser pew pews and *BOOM!?!* sounds....
Even though id make arguments about sound in space I won't as I'm a fan of big boom sounds and its a very nice indicator of impact too.

Though any plan to make the sounds 3D (if they are not already) Hearing a massive boom a few away is okay, but hearing a boom next to you from a dodged projectile is almost as satisfying as hearing a low rumble of an opponents craft being annihilated far off.

The UI and scale option (especially that on the fly zoom in/out) is very well done.
I know. Sounds are a bit exaggerated. Real concept won't be about "destroy everything you see". 3D sounds aren't included yet.
Fang86
Prole

Post by Fang86 »

Amazing looking game. I hope it goes on to do extremely well!
Imaculata
Party member

Post by Imaculata »

Nice work. Pretty impressive. I'm curious to see what this project might become in the future. Do you already have plans for the game play?
sabadyCZ
Prole

Post by sabadyCZ »

Imaculata wrote:Nice work. Pretty impressive. I'm curious to see what this project might become in the future. Do you already have plans for the game play?
Thanks. Yes a little. Just a small plan in my head. Something like RTS games, but with teammates. Players may use any ship that his team built. They must be careful about the danger of the space (black holes, electric storms or neutral enemies). I have plans about mining resources, buildings, upgrades, but still I don't know what would be a main task of the game. Destroy all teams, collecting a most points, get something or conquer something. I didn't think about gameplay so much. For now I'm only dreaming about big fights.
WetDesertRock
Citizen

Post by WetDesertRock »

See a lot about sounds, but didn't see anything that popped. I'd suggest restarting with the explosions and make them a lot more subtle. You have so many going off at once its a bit much. Of course it doesn't seem like you are going for sound design right now.
Imaculata
Party member

Post by Imaculata »

I made a 2D shoot 'm up as a graduation project once, which revolved around massive space battles. Maybe this is something that you could draw inspiration from? The basic idea, was that it wasn't just the player against a bunch of enemies. Instead, it was one faction of enemies, against one other faction of enemies, and the player was caught in between. So the player would fly this tiny ship, while all around you these massive battleships were trying to blow each other to kingdom come.
CanadianGamer
Party member

Post by CanadianGamer »

Wow you did THAT in your first month! That is Amazing I know I'd pay for a multi-player experience with graphics as good as that.
Keep Up the Good Work.
My serious itch.io page:
https://pentamonium-studios.itch.io/
My less serious itch.io page:
http://canadiangamer.itch.io
kbmonkey
Party member

Post by kbmonkey »

I love space games! And your game looks fantastic. Your idea of resources / construction brings to mind a game called gate88. Subscribing to this thread! Keep up the good work.