LÖVE Hints for Brackets.io

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Ruirize
Prole

LÖVE Hints for Brackets.io

Post by Ruirize »

I use Brackets.io for all of my Love2D development, and whilst having the documentation open on another monitor is fine, it's not ideal.

Image Image Image

This is why I've created LÖVE Hints!
So far it's a simple autocomplete style thing, but thanks to the wonderful effort of those over at LOVE-API, I've been able to get in-depth documentation for every single function, callback, type, enum and module in the JSON format!

To install, just open up Brackets, hit the extensions button, and search for "love2d"!
After that, just typing in any .lua file will start hinting.
Last edited by Ruirize on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
TurtleP
Party member

Re: LÖVE Hints for Brackets.io

Post by TurtleP »

Amazing work! This should come in handy, as I have decided to switch to brackets now (it looks better and does more than Sublime!). I'm also trying to build love from a framework manager extension, any ideas on how to do that?
Ruirize
Prole

Post by Ruirize »

I'm currently running my LÖVE projects using "Command Line Shortcuts", and a small batch script to open up a console window and run the folder in LÖVE. It works quite well, I've got the hotkey set to CTRL+F5.
TurtleP
Party member

Post by TurtleP »

Ruirize wrote:I'm currently running my LÖVE projects using "Command Line Shortcuts", and a small batch script to open up a console window and run the folder in LÖVE. It works quite well, I've got the hotkey set to CTRL+F5.
Ah, I got that now.. Currently I'm trying:

Code: Select all

[
  {
      "name": "Build with LOVE2D",
      "dir": "$PROJECT_ROOT",
      "cmd": "love $PROJECT_ROOT",
      "shortcut": "Ctrl-Alt-B",
      "autohide": true
  }
]
But it's not running the project. Any idea why?
Ruirize
Prole

Post by Ruirize »

TurtleP wrote:
Ruirize wrote:I'm currently running my LÖVE projects using "Command Line Shortcuts", and a small batch script to open up a console window and run the folder in LÖVE. It works quite well, I've got the hotkey set to CTRL+F5.
Ah, I got that now.. Currently I'm trying:

Code: Select all

[
  {
      "name": "Build with LOVE2D",
      "dir": "$PROJECT_ROOT",
      "cmd": "love $PROJECT_ROOT",
      "shortcut": "Ctrl-Alt-B",
      "autohide": true
  }
]
But it's not running the project. Any idea why?
You may need to put $PROJECT_ROOT in quotes. Other than that I don't know. Try setting autohide to false whilst you debug.
Ruirize
Prole

Post by Ruirize »

Hey everyone! I finally got around to adding in quick documentation, and now it looks like this:

Image Image Image

Just open Brackets.io to update! To activate the new feature, just right-click a love.* member and click "Quick Docs".
rmcode
Party member

Post by rmcode »

Nice! I tried brackets a while ago, but back then it was pretty barebones. It looks really cool now.

P.S.: If you find any mistakes in the API please report them :)
Zarty55
Citizen

Post by Zarty55 »

God! Brackets is such a nice editor! Feels so nice to use it. I guess I will use it to edit my code, and ZeroBrane Studio to debug it. It's so good looking and easy to use.
Ruirize
Prole

Post by Ruirize »

Zarty55 wrote:God! Brackets is such a nice editor! Feels so nice to use it. I guess I will use it to edit my code, and ZeroBrane Studio to debug it. It's so good looking and easy to use.
I wonder how possible it'd be to get debugging support in Brackets. I imagine it'd be very difficult.
rmcode wrote:Nice! I tried brackets a while ago, but back then it was pretty barebones. It looks really cool now.

P.S.: If you find any mistakes in the API please report them :)
Will do! So far I've really liked it.