Simple Gui System

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
ZBoyer1000
Prole

Simple Gui System

Post by ZBoyer1000 »

I quickly made a simple gui system. It might not be the best one around but it does give basic features. Most things are at your fingertips except for rotation which has not been implemented yet. It has support for layering, element deletion, element appearing and disappearing, element creation with many classes, etc.
If anyone has any problems with it, please tell me.
Also, is there is any ways to simplify it? I like to learn new stuff but doing it entirely myself can only get me so far. ^^
Attachments
GUI Test.LOVE
A little showcase on what it can do.
(2.08 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
gui.lua
(4.24 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Ranguna259
Party member

Re: Simple Gui System

Post by Ranguna259 »

I have no idea what the .love file does.
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
HeliumPL
Prole

Post by HeliumPL »

^ Same with me :/
alberto_lara
Party member

Post by alberto_lara »

Hi, ZBoyer1000, maybe you would want to explain a little more how to use the library, the window is pretty confusing as well as the code, the only thing I understood was that you are basing the GUI implementation in figures and text which, in my opinion, is not really useful. We can help you for sure, this is the reason of the community, but please try to make it clearer.