Game Object System & Camera

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Romans_I_XVI
Prole

Game Object System & Camera

Post by Romans_I_XVI »

Hi everyone, I'm new to LÖVE but I really really like it!

I have a Roku game that I just got done with and I want to look into porting it to other platforms, which is how I came to discover LÖVE. In the process of preparing to port my game I developed this little object handling system so that the game would be built around handling game objects similar to how you would do in Unity or Gamemaker.

I also made a camera system to handle centering and scaling of a game made for a specific resolution (my game was originally created for 1280x720 specifically).

There's also 2d ball collision handling included here if you're needing to do that.

The LÖVE community seems to be all about sharing, so I figured I'd be a part of that too. So if you find this useful feel free to use it :nyu:

https://github.com/Romans-I-XVI/Love-objectHandler
game.love
(20.53 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
whitebear
Citizen

Re: Game Object System & Camera

Post by whitebear »

Wouldn't circle collision be cheaper with the radius comparison in power of two instead of using square root.
Cool stuff demo though :3
Romans_I_XVI
Prole

Post by Romans_I_XVI »

Yeah you're actually probably right.

And thanks :)
Sulunia
Party member

Post by Sulunia »

:3 Awesome. Gave it a star, might use it as reference for some tools i'm developing.
Don't check my github! It contains thousands of lines of spaghetti code in many different languages cool software! :neko:
https://github.com/Sulunia