[Android] Admob and Google Play Game Services Support

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
yetneverdone
Party member

Re: [Android] Admob and Google Play Game Services Support

Post by yetneverdone »

master both wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:29 am
yetneverdone wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:49 amSo that applies to the interstitial right? Firebase is like the analytics for admob.
Yep, that applies to interstitials too.
Any plan to ask the love2d devs to merge your additional love.system functions to the main code? I think it would make sense for debugging.

Also, will you add any other form of ads? Or maybe I want to know the future plans for the amazing repo
yetneverdone
Party member

Post by yetneverdone »

master both wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:29 am
yetneverdone wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:49 amSo that applies to the interstitial right? Firebase is like the analytics for admob.
Yep, that applies to interstitials too.
Where can i look up the added functions in the source code? Why is there no love.system.isBannerLoaded()?
master both
Party member

Post by master both »

yetneverdone wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:10 am Any plan to ask the love2d devs to merge your additional love.system functions to the main code? I think it would make sense for debugging.

Also, will you add any other form of ads? Or maybe I want to know the future plans for the amazing repo
I don't think my love.system api is polished enough to be added to the main code, maybe one day...
I plan to add support for admob reward videos and the rest of the google play game services functions, and maybe after all that, Firebase, but first I have to find time for implementing all that :P
yetneverdone wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:33 am Where can i look up the added functions in the source code? Why is there no love.system.isBannerLoaded()?
You can see all the commits I have made to the original repo here, and you can see the implementations of the new functions in love-android-sdl2/src/org/love2d/android/GameActivity.java.
I didn't saw the need to implement a love.system.isBannerLoaded function, but I can see it's uses, I could implement a love.system.isBanner[Loaded/Showing] over the weekend.
Slumberjack
Prole

Post by Slumberjack »

Heya! I'm new at Game Development, so maybe my lack of abilities made me miss this, but does this allows me to save directly on Google Play cloud?

I know Google Play have a Cloud system for saving games (so you can change your device without worriyng). I was planning to make a game with collectables, and it'd be really crucial to have a way to save games that way
master both
Party member

Post by master both »

Slumberjack wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:33 pm Heya! I'm new at Game Development, so maybe my lack of abilities made me miss this, but does this allows me to save directly on Google Play cloud?

I know Google Play have a Cloud system for saving games (so you can change your device without worriyng). I was planning to make a game with collectables, and it'd be really crucial to have a way to save games that way
In it's current state, this port doesn't have the ability to save to the cloud yet, maybe in the future...
TheHistoricApple
Prole

Post by TheHistoricApple »

So, im really confused on how this works, i've downloaded everything.

Do i put my game.love folder in the repo you gave us, then run 'ant debug' through command prompt. doing so results in

Code: Select all

BUILD FAILED
C:\loveandroid\build.xml:91: Cannot find C:\Users\Jma227\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\tools\ant\build.xml imported from C:\loveandroid\build.xml

Total time: 0 seconds
edit: i got it to build, however when i run the apk it says the love.system.createBanner() function does not exist?
TheHistoricApple
Prole

Is it possible to add video rewards?
yetneverdone
Party member

Post by yetneverdone »

TheHistoricApple wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:08 am Is it possible to add video rewards?
I think not. Ask the developer of the port to add those. Or maybe, if you're good at java and android sdk, you can implement that code into lua and commit it to the repo
master both
Party member

Post by master both »

TheHistoricApple wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:08 am Is it possible to add video rewards?
It's one of the things that I want to add to the port, but I just haven't found the time to implement it. The project has a lot of thing I would like to change: add firebase support, change the API to be more love like, somehow make it more modular and easier to install and use, but life is in the way and this has become low on my priorities. I don't know when I will update this project, but it's going to be a long time before I can.
TheHistoricApple
Prole

master both wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:51 pm
It's one of the things that I want to add to the port, but I just haven't found the time to implement it. The project has a lot of thing I would like to change: add firebase support, change the API to be more love like, somehow make it more modular and easier to install and use, but life is in the way and this has become low on my priorities. I don't know when I will update this project, but it's going to be a long time before I can.

No worries. Understandable.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this so far!