[Android] Admob and Google Play Game Services Support

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
master both
Party member

Re: [Android] Admob Banner and Interstitial Support

Post by master both »

Ranguna259 wrote:All my problems have been fixed :D
The problem was that google-play-services_lib was inside love-android-sdl2 and not in the same folder and the apk works now.

Things that I'd like to see added to the API:
  • Something like love.system.isIntertitialClosed() or a callback love.interstitialClosed() to check when an intertitial add is closed.
  • A new adds class so I can write something like this:
Other than that, the API is perfect, thank you very much and keep up the awesome work.

EDIT:
Nevermind implementing an intertiatial callback or a checker, interstitials stop the game from running while they are open so we don't have to worry about the game while it is open, awesome.
Thanks for the suggestions! I really like the idea of having classes, but I have no idea how to implement, I might research that up.
Kibita wrote:Are you planning to add Google leaderboard or achievements system soon? I think this would be great!
I might add google play services like leaderboards and achivements in the future, why not? But first I have to find the time to implement it. :)
Ranguna259
Party member

Re: [Android] Admob Banner and Interstitial Support

Post by Ranguna259 »

Yes +1 for leaderboards
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
master both
Party member

Re: [Android] Admob and Google Play Game Support

Post by master both »

- Added a third parameter to createBanner to change it's size.
- Added achivements and leaderboards support.
Ranguna259
Party member

Re: [Android] Admob and Google Play Game Services Support

Post by Ranguna259 »

You are AWESOME
I just woke up and I was reading this half asleep and now I'm fully awake, thank you very much, finally my game is gonna have a leaderboard.
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
bio1712
Citizen

Post by bio1712 »

Awesome!!
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

Google play services don't work, when I try to connect to the game services the app crashes simply saying that it has stopped working. What's going on ?

Check out my twitter.
master both
Party member

Post by master both »

Ranguna259 wrote:Google play services don't work, when I try to connect to the game services the app crashes simply saying that it has stopped working. What's going on ?
That's odd, It works perfectly for me. Can you plug your phone to your pc and run "adb logcat" and post here what it prints when you try to connect to game services?
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

Nevermind, I read through the logs and I traced back the error to AndroidManifest.xml, it was missing a line, I probably removed it by accident. I'm publishing now and I'll test it in a few minutes.

EDIT: Heads up for those who want to test Google Play Services before publishing, first you need to set everything up in the Game Services tab.
  • Create an app there and link it to your app.
  • Set everything up, achievements, leaderboard but do not publish.
  • Create your new apk and upload it to beta or alpha.
  • Add the emails of people you want to allow into the alpha/beta.
  • Go back to the game services tab and go to the testing tab, make sure you allow alpha/beta tester to use the game services by adding their emails and by pressing the red tick at the bottom of the page.
  • Send your tester the "Opt-in" link found in the beta tab of your apk and tell them to follow the instructions.
  • Once your tester accept to opt in, the packadge should download and install by itself.
  • Happy testing.
EDIT2:
I just posted some issues on the repo, I'd appreciate if you checked them out ;)

Check out my twitter.
monsieur_h
Citizen

Post by monsieur_h »

Holy zeus ! This is the miracle I was waiting for ! Thank you so much master both !!
timotta
Prole

Post by timotta »

Nice work!

Do you have any plan to integrate it to the original repository?