[Android] Admob and Google Play Game Services Support

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
yetneverdone
Party member

Re: [Android] Admob and Google Play Game Services Support

Post by yetneverdone »

master both wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:51 pm
TheHistoricApple wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:08 am Is it possible to add video rewards?
It's one of the things that I want to add to the port, but I just haven't found the time to implement it. The project has a lot of thing I would like to change: add firebase support, change the API to be more love like, somehow make it more modular and easier to install and use, but life is in the way and this has become low on my priorities. I don't know when I will update this project, but it's going to be a long time before I can.
I really want to help. Im well familiar with java. But idk where to start and how to implement that android stuffs to love which, in its source is written in c. Maybe a little guide?
master both
Party member

Post by master both »

yetneverdone wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:02 am
TheHistoricApple wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:08 am Is it possible to add video rewards?
It's one of the things that I want to add to the port, but I just haven't found the time to implement it. The project has a lot of thing I would like to change: add firebase support, change the API to be more love like, somehow make it more modular and easier to install and use, but life is in the way and this has become low on my priorities. I don't know when I will update this project, but it's going to be a long time before I can.
I really want to help. Im well familiar with java. But idk where to start and how to implement that android stuffs to love which, in its source is written in c. Maybe a little guide?
Sure, basically what I did was follow what bio1712 did in this post and kept adding more admob funtions and exposing them as love.system functions, it's not that complicated, but it needs a lot of testing. Ask me anything if you're having trouble :)
yetneverdone
Party member

Post by yetneverdone »

master both wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:05 pm
yetneverdone wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:02 am
Sure, basically what I did was follow what bio1712 did in this post and kept adding more admob funtions and exposing them as love.system functions, it's not that complicated, but it needs a lot of testing. Ask me anything if you're having trouble :)
Wow. I know cpp but not that advance, idk whats happening in post haha. Well, i would really study it.
Wish me luck
yetneverdone
Party member

Post by yetneverdone »

I have a question,do i need to download other sdk api level for building my apk? For example, i want my apk to support android gingerbread up to latest, do i need all sdk api? Or not?
master both
Party member

Post by master both »

yetneverdone wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:28 am I have a question,do i need to download other sdk api level for building my apk? For example, i want my apk to support android gingerbread up to latest, do i need all sdk api? Or not?
As far as I know, the most recent sdk's have all the previous api levels implemented in them, so you can just specify the api levels you want in your manifest, like here.
For more info, look at this page: Link.
Hope it helps :)
EDIT: On further investigation, It might just have to do with the API calls and functions you use on your application, kind of like how love's API changes with each new version, which makes sense :P
uederson
Prole

Post by uederson »

Hi!
How are you guys?
This is really great! Thank you so much for share this with us!
I tried my lua code and worked fine using your love version, but sadly, when I build my own app, it is giving me an error when I try to run the app on Android.
Pls check attached picture.
Can someone pls point me what is wrong? :)
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-06-21-16-24-14.png
Screenshot_2017-06-21-16-24-14.png (59.77 KiB) Viewed 9282 times
wison27
Prole

Post by wison27 »

uederson wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:42 pm Hi!
How are you guys?
This is really great! Thank you so much for share this with us!
I tried my lua code and worked fine using your love version, but sadly, when I build my own app, it is giving me an error when I try to run the app on Android.
Pls check attached picture.
Can someone pls point me what is wrong? :)
See this: https://love2d.org/wiki/Game_Distribution#Android .
[EDIT]
How you is brazilian i'm go write portuguese.
Se estiver tentando construir pelo projeto do npinochet, o fork do love-android, tente:
1) Atualmente só o NDK r14 ou - funciona.
2) Configurar as variáveis ANDROID_NDK, ANDROID_SDK, and ANDROID_HOME com os caminhos do NDK, SDK e SDK respectivamente.
3) Só funciona com sdk tools antigos que ainda suportem ant (25.2-)
4) O diretório assets que conterá o game.love deve ficar no diretório raiz do projeto que é aonde o AndroidManifest.xml fica.
5) ndk-build -j4 para compilar a primeira vez os pacotes c/c++ (é o que falta no seu aparentemete)
6) Depois é só 'ant release' para o apk (é gerado em bin).
[ENGLISH]
If you are trying to build by npinochet project, try:
1) Currently only the NDK r14 or - works.
2) Configure the variables ANDROID_NDK, ANDROID_SDK, and ANDROID_HOME with the NDK, SDK and SDK paths respectively.
3) Only works with older sdk tools that still support ant (25.2-)
4) The assets directory that will contain the game.love should be the root directory of the project that where contains the AndroidManifest.xml.
5) Do 'ndk-build -j4' to compile the first time packages c / c ++ (this is what is missing apparently)
6) Then it is only do 'ant release' for generate apk (it will stay in bin).
NickRock
Citizen

Post by NickRock »

I ran into a similar problem, (I have NDK r14) The app was compiled fine but when I installed the apk on my phone it crashes before even being able to open. I can't figure out what's wrong if anyone is willing to help me out that'd be great! Thanks
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooow!!
Мэтю
Prole

Post by Мэтю »

Hello there. I managed to pack my apk and install it on my cellphone. But I don't know why, my banner won't appears anywhere. Does it generate a log file somewhere so I can see what's going on?
World needs love.
yetneverdone
Party member

Post by yetneverdone »

Мэтю wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:34 pm Hello there. I managed to pack my apk and install it on my cellphone. But I don't know why, my banner won't appears anywhere. Does it generate a log file somewhere so I can see what's going on?
Make sure you use the proper ad unit id.
Also, in my experience, it doesnt quickly appear