LoveMore:Native Entity/Component extensions for LÖVE

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
match5
Prole

LoveMore:Native Entity/Component extensions for LÖVE

Post by match5 »

zorg
Party member

Re: LoveMore:Native Entity/Component extensions for LÖVE

Post by zorg »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Mind explaining what your library does either here or on its github page? To me, not even the fact that it claims to be "native" means anything useful, to be honest, even if you gave some code examples.

Edit: Looked at the code, clear as day now what it is. I'd ask the question, but i'm pretty sure the answer would be "why not". :3
The question being, why couldn't one just implement the same thing on the lua side.

Also, pretty sure "Oreder" is not a word, especially since you wrote it correctly everywhere else: (even if it's an internal name, see also Clolr)

Code: Select all

void setZOreder(int zOrder);	
int getZOreder() const { return _zOrder; }
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
ivan
Party member

Post by ivan »

Yea, I'm with zorg on this one.
I get the idea of having a framework of components, sprites, scenes, etc,
...it looks good on paper, but in practice it's not a great idea.
Lua is much more powerful for things like game objects and sprites (anything abstract or high-level).
The examples remind me a little bit of jQuery.
match5
Prole

Post by match5 »

zorg wrote:Hi and welcome to the forums.

Mind explaining what your library does either here or on its github page? To me, not even the fact that it claims to be "native" means anything useful, to be honest, even if you gave some code examples.

Edit: Looked at the code, clear as day now what it is. I'd ask the question, but i'm pretty sure the answer would be "why not". :3
The question being, why couldn't one just implement the same thing on the lua side.

Also, pretty sure "Oreder" is not a word, especially since you wrote it correctly everywhere else: (even if it's an internal name, see also Clolr)

Code: Select all

void setZOreder(int zOrder);	
int getZOreder() const { return _zOrder; }
apologizes for those stupid spelling errors, i'll correct them soon.
I'm new to love and lua even game programing. i tried to answer you tiny question, but i really hard to tell it is useful.may be i just used to things like that.
i'm so surprised that you read my code that carefully, thanks
match5
Prole

Post by match5 »

ivan wrote:Yea, I'm with zorg on this one.
I get the idea of having a framework of components, sprites, scenes, etc,
...it looks good on paper, but in practice it's not a great idea.
Lua is much more powerful for things like game objects and sprites (anything abstract or high-level).
The examples remind me a little bit of jQuery.
At first i just want to play a spine animation of v3.1,i found the spine-love is too old ,it didn't deal with mesh and batch. So i need spine-c and i must render it by myself. I made a SpineAnimator as a component,maybe you think it should be a normal drawable object just like Image.
EntranceJew
Prole

Post by EntranceJew »

I think this is neat. I was working on an implementation of the Unity API for an Entity/Component system myself, capitalizing on the use of GUIDs for the sake of serialization, comparison optimizations, and preventing tables from keeping other tables in memory indefinitely with circular references.

I was intending for it to mesh more classically with a class system such as middleclass, although I know that complicates things just a bit.
sandsmas: A LÖVE Editor
My Libraries: Imgur, Palettes, Music Macros, Timer, Hooks