ImGui LÖVE module

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
ArchAngel075
Party member

Re: ImGui LÖVE module

Post by ArchAngel075 »

Thanks Fenrir, the canvas works, though still not sure how to get the window created by imgui.Begin() to appear inside the other dock.
Fenrir
Party member

Post by Fenrir »

ArchAngel075 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:54 pm Thanks Fenrir, the canvas works, though still not sure how to get the window created by imgui.Begin() to appear inside the other dock.
Well I'm not sure if it's possible. As I said before, the dock support is not official and far from being as robust and well featured as the other parts of imgui.
ArchAngel075
Party member

Post by ArchAngel075 »

Fenrir wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:57 pm
ArchAngel075 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:54 pm Thanks Fenrir, the canvas works, though still not sure how to get the window created by imgui.Begin() to appear inside the other dock.
Well I'm not sure if it's possible. As I said before, the dock support is not official and far from being as robust and well featured as the other parts of imgui.
Guess ill drop docks and instead use a concealable window and render game behind the window.
Thanks.
alloyed
Citizen

Post by alloyed »

Tjakka5 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:02 pm Hi!

Im trying to build Imgui for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, but Im having some difficulty.

imgui.png

Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?
because love-imgui is only usable from within the love environment I added that dependency to make sure it didn't accidentally leak into your system's lua.
you can install it with loverocks instead, which will keep it self-contained to your game project:

Code: Select all

$ sudo luarocks install loverocks
$ cd my-game
$ loverocks install love-imgui
$ echo "\nif love.filesystem then require 'rocks'() end" >> conf.lua
jack0088
Prole

Post by jack0088 »

hey, sorry for reviving an old thread but I wanted to try this library and having issues with loading the compiled module.

I took the *.so file from your repo and dropped it straight into my project folder.
I then edited the package.cpath to conform.
Finally I required the module and got an error: dlsym(0x7fd11ae13e10, luaopen_libs_imgui): symbol not found

What could that be?
Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-09 um 18.26.08.png
Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-09 um 18.26.08.png (205.73 KiB) Viewed 23740 times
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

jack0088 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:30 pm I took the *.so file from your repo and dropped it straight into my project folder.
I then edited the package.cpath to conform.
Finally I required the module and got an error: dlsym(0x7fd11ae13e10, luaopen_libs_imgui): symbol not found
As you can see, the full module name ("libs.imgui") ends up being used, hence why it's looking for "luaopen_libs_imgui". If you change the cpath to include the libs dir and require "imgui" instead, it should look for "luaopen_imgui", which does (hopefully) exist.
jack0088
Prole

Post by jack0088 »

o___O it did work... sorry I did not see that the namespace was already used - thank you very much!
nkorth
Prole

Post by nkorth »

Fenrir wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:43 pm
fxva wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:10 pm Hello guys.
I will speak from my heart with google translate(c)

How to change the default font?

here's what I found:

Code: Select all

Load .TTF file with:

ImGuiIO& io = ImGui::GetIO();
io.Fonts->AddFontFromFileTTF("font.ttf", size_pixels);
But it does not help me. :emo:
It's still not possible for now, it's part of what I need to include but I have no time for it currently... :/
I also wanted to change the font, so I made this patch: https://github.com/slages/love-imgui/pull/10

Great project btw! It's helped me a lot already.
Fenrir
Party member

Post by Fenrir »

I have a few pull requests pending, I'll try to have a look at it this week! I also want to update the imgui version as the 1.50 is now officially released, just need to find a bit of time for it! Anyway thanks a lot for helping me to improve this lib! :)
Fenrir
Party member

Post by Fenrir »

I merged all pending requests:

- You can specify a custom font with SetGlobalFontFromFileTTF(path, size_pixels, spacing_x, spacing_y, oversample_x, oversample_y)
- You can control dock initial ratio and floating size

And I updated it to the final version of imgui 1.50. I'll try to prepare releases as soon as I can!