Eben and Ari

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
ElliottB
Prole

Eben and Ari

Post by ElliottB »

Well, while working with Leif, I found I could expand it. I've set out to do that with my project Ari. I'll have an example .love of it ready in a few days, at this point it's just rewrites of the callback system for the different input devices. (Buttons, text input, checkbox, etc)

As a result of working on my 'secret' project, I found a use for the Bezier curve function posted on lovesnips. I have posted a rewrite of that function on lovesnips, for anyone to use. But this sort of got me 'Bezier crazy', and wrote a bunch of functions based on the formula. This evolved into the base for Eben, a library that I'm writing to compliment or eventually merge with Ari. Basically, I envision Eben as a library or math based primitives. At this point, nothing major has come about.

Eben currently sports:
  • eben.bezier_roundrectangle( typeDraw, x, y, width, height, radi, samp, color )
  • eben.bezier_circle( myType, cX, cY, radi, samp )
  • eben.bezier_circlesectors( typeDraw, cX, cY, radi, samp, sect )
As you can tell, I really didn't think this write up through, and it's sort of rambling. I'll post more about them as I have time!
Attachments
eben_example_0.1.0.love
Eben 0.1.0 example
(2.97 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
Kaze
Party member

Re: Eben and Ari

Post by Kaze »

:monocle:

Ari - I'm interested.
Eben - Pretty cool.
ElliottB
Prole

Re: Eben and Ari

Post by ElliottB »

At this point, I don't have much to show on Ari's front. I've been drawing flowcharts on my notepad on how I want to rework it. Currently, I've determined that every gui part will support every input type. Eventually, you'll be able to do things like having checkboxes act like toggle buttons and so on.

Input boxes support, at this point, having a setText() that can be wiped when mouse clicked on. So you can have 'Username' or something in a field, they click it, and type their username! :o

An example of the rework for Ari: http://loveclub.pastebin.com/d71038744

I have, however cleaned up some of Eben.

Added eben.polyline( [ x1, y1, x2, y2, ... ] ) -- Probably moot since 0.6.0 will probably introduce multipoint lines, but helpful for now! :D
Attachments
eben_example_0.1.1.love
Eben 0.1.1 example
(3.18 KiB) Downloaded 230 times