The open-source Fantasy Computer
About:Itch.io Page: https://ramilego4game.itch.io/liko12
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ame.liko12
LIKO-12 is an open source fantasy computer completely written in the Lua programming language where you can make, play and share tiny retro-looking games and programs.
The LIKO-12 fantasy computer comes with a default, fully customizable, DOS-like operating system installed, called DiskOS, which provides an environment with basic command line programs and visual game editors.
Games are stored as disk files that can be saved, shared and uploaded to pastebin via the built-in program.
* Sprite editor !, with a spritesheet that can contain 288 sprites !
* Code editor, yup a code editor with syntax highlighting.
* WIP Lua Console: made originally by technomancy, requires some tweaking.
* Uses a framebuffer rendering system, this means:
- You don't have to redraw everything when resizeing the LIKO-12 window
- The screen doesn't clears every frame
- You can draw to the screen anywhere in the code
* Supports Window Resize (Yup it does).
* Works 100% on android (Better download hacker's keyboard for using the code editor)
* Comes with 3 demo games for now
* It's free and opensource (unlike some other fantasy consoles)
* Saves in one file, easy to share with pastebin.
Display: 192x128, fixed 16 colour palette (PICO-8 pallete)
Input: Keyboard, Mouse, Touch, and Gamepad.
SpriteSheet: 288 sprite (24x12)
Code: LuaJit 5.1
Runs on: Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, RaspberryPi (Install love from [url]http:/love2d.org[/url], the ARM builds works fine).
Why did I develop this ?
Because I wanted to buy PICO-8 but that's not possible without creditcards (no internet shopping in syria)
So I made my own PICO-8 which is more fun than buying it
Planned Features :
* The ability to pack your game in .love file.
* Do the other editors...
* What else ? Suggest some
I programmed 50% of this project using my phone, till now I switch between the pc and the mobile .