Project Void

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
jamesin4d
Prole

Project Void

Post by jamesin4d »

Project Void/Void Engine
Update:the demo is considerably more impressive. I'll continue to update with any progress I make.
The collision detection still seems to be working real well.

This is a collection of things i've been working on for my current coding obsession project, Void Voyagers.
Since I always prefer to write my own code instead of using existing libraries, nearly everything was written from scratch.
Everything was made with minimalism and simplicity in mind.
I've attached a .love file at the bottom as is customary with this type of stuff, there are no instructions but 'W,A,S,D' moves the 'player'

so what?
while the demo is unimpressive, the project itself can serve as a jumping off point for a game made using an entity/component/system pattern, which took me some time to wrap my head around. Mainly how to implement most things with ECS, so I hope this might help others understand.
There's also a simple collision detection system in place using entities and components. I wrote the collision detection as a learning experience, it needs testing but it seems to work fairly well.

In conclusion
This is a major work in progress, so there isn't documentation/much commenting on anything. Though if there is any interest I'd be happy to document everything.
The code is here:
https://github.com/jamesin4d/voidEngine

Mostly I figured it was at a point that it could serve as a skeleton/framework for a game or help someone out somewhere so here it is!
also, i'm looking for critiques/tips/criticism/praise.
Thanks!
VoidEngine.love
newest
(23.6 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
VoidEngine.love
(23.22 KiB) Downloaded 105 times