Gspöt - retained GUI lib

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
DeltaF1
Citizen

Re: Gspöt - retained GUI lib

Post by DeltaF1 »

I may do that, thanks for the idea :) So far it's my favourite LOVE UI library. I'll fork it if I make any significant changes.
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

It probably would be beneficial to the Löve community to just fork it if you made any changes at all. That way if we want to make a PR you can accept it and it will live on until you abandon it. Then rinse and repeat \o/ (probably not very clear what I wrote)
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

I've got UTF-8 and imagemode working locally and could submit patches. If you're not interested in maintaining it, I am.
DeltaF1
Citizen

Post by DeltaF1 »

pgimeno wrote:I've got UTF-8 and imagemode working locally and could submit patches. If you're not interested in maintaining it, I am.
Sure, do you want to fork it, or should I? How about you make a fork and give me collaborator? If you make a fork off of SiENcE's fork, it has a couple of useful patches.

My github username is DeltaF1.
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

Done. I've submitted my commits too, but I suspect they overlap with your changes. My changes keep LÖVE 0.9.1 compatibility so that Debian Stable users can also benefit from the library (and possibly 0.9.0, but I didn't try).

I've based it on the original repo, and merged in SiENcE's changes. Unfortunately he did not include a copyright notice (nor the original author either), so I'm hereby inviting him to do so in a PR.
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

Did you post a link to your github?
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

bobbyjones wrote:Did you post a link to your github?
I think I forgot :oops: Sorry.

https://github.com/pgimeno/Gspot
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

Sorry i missed this conversation!

Gspot is still my favorite gui system, because it's flexible and easy to enhance. I added a lot of functionality, like richtext support, but currently i'm busy to publish it now. I will do it over christmas time.
DeltaF1
Citizen

Post by DeltaF1 »

Will you be putting your changes on your fork, or do you want to join the fork that pgimeno started?
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

Probably would be best to have them all on one fork. Maybe we should make a github organization for abandoned libs and games that found new maintainers.