[0.10.2] AdMob support for Android!

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
User avatar
yetneverdone
Party member
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:20 am
Contact:

Re: [0.10.2] AdMob support for Android!

Post by yetneverdone » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:25 am

Hey
Interstitial is not working as well as rewars ad.
The interstitial is loaded works but it's not shown. Banner works though

bio1712
Prole
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:13 pm
Location: Italy

Re: [0.10.2] AdMob support for Android!

Post by bio1712 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:25 pm

yetneverdone wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:25 am
Hey
Interstitial is not working as well as rewars ad.
The interstitial is loaded works but it's not shown. Banner works though
For me they are working, but I’ve only tried with test ads though.

User avatar
yetneverdone
Party member
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:20 am
Contact:

Re: [0.10.2] AdMob support for Android!

Post by yetneverdone » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:32 pm

bio1712 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:25 pm
yetneverdone wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:25 am
Hey
Interstitial is not working as well as rewars ad.
The interstitial is loaded works but it's not shown. Banner works though
For me they are working, but I’ve only tried with test ads though.
Hmmm weird 😐 even test reward and inter doesnt work for me

User avatar
yetneverdone
Party member
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:20 am
Contact:

Re: [0.10.2] AdMob support for Android!

Post by yetneverdone » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:22 pm

I know the problem,

Interstitial and reward ad doesn't work if the game is set to portrait mode. Any fix for that?

ninel22
Prole
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:21 pm

Re: [0.10.2] AdMob support for Android!

Post by ninel22 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:39 am

love.rewardUserWithReward() doesn't seem to work for me. Am I using it right? I just define new function and write what I need inside e.g.

function love.rewardUserWithReward(rewardType, rewardQuantity)
coins = coins + 10
end

bio1712
Prole
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:13 pm
Location: Italy

Re: [0.10.2] AdMob support for Android!

Post by bio1712 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:22 am

yetneverdone wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:22 pm
I know the problem,

Interstitial and reward ad doesn't work if the game is set to portrait mode. Any fix for that?
Did you solve it? Maybe it’s an AdMob problem.
For me, in Italy, ads are working even in portrait mode (I’ve only tried with test ads though).
And I don’t think the way of displaying an ad in portrait mode is different than the way of displaying in landscape.
ninel22 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:39 am
love.rewardUserWithReward() doesn't seem to work for me. Am I using it right? I just define new function and write what I need inside e.g.

function love.rewardUserWithReward(rewardType, rewardQuantity)
coins = coins + 10
end
You wouldn’t happen to have changed the function love.run()?

User avatar
yetneverdone
Party member
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:20 am
Contact:

Re: [0.10.2] AdMob support for Android!

Post by yetneverdone » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:38 am

bio1712 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:22 am
yetneverdone wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:22 pm
I know the problem,

Interstitial and reward ad doesn't work if the game is set to portrait mode. Any fix for that?
Did you solve it? Maybe it’s an AdMob problem.
For me, in Italy, ads are working even in portrait mode (I’ve only tried with test ads though).
And I don’t think the way of displaying an ad in portrait mode is different than the way of displaying in landscape.
ninel22 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:39 am
love.rewardUserWithReward() doesn't seem to work for me. Am I using it right? I just define new function and write what I need inside e.g.

function love.rewardUserWithReward(rewardType, rewardQuantity)
coins = coins + 10
end
You wouldn’t happen to have changed the function love.run()?
Modix and I managed to fix the interstitial ads, but still, rewarded ads dont work for both of us.

bio1712
Prole
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:13 pm
Location: Italy

Re: [0.10.2] AdMob support for Android!

Post by bio1712 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:58 am

yetneverdone wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:38 am
Modix and I managed to fix the interstitial ads, but still, rewarded ads dont work for both of us.
How did you do that?

User avatar
yetneverdone
Party member
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:20 am
Contact:

Re: [0.10.2] AdMob support for Android!

Post by yetneverdone » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:17 am

bio1712 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:58 am
yetneverdone wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:38 am
Modix and I managed to fix the interstitial ads, but still, rewarded ads dont work for both of us.
How did you do that?
Modix have a wrapper of sort. I'll tell him to participate in this thread

User avatar
modiX
Citizen
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:47 am

Re: [0.10.2] AdMob support for Android!

Post by modiX » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:36 pm

bio1712 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:58 am
yetneverdone wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:38 am
Modix and I managed to fix the interstitial ads, but still, rewarded ads dont work for both of us.
How did you do that?
Hi bio, sorry for my late participation. I had priorities in building my game first. On this point I was considering to use the your AdMob ports from 0.10.2 (I won't go for the latest löve version, due to some performance issues that have been reported for the Android port).

Some while ago I forked your project and tried to fix all I could: https://bitbucket.org/MartyMaro/love2d- ... rc/master/

As you can see on the name, I'd like to implement UnityAds, InAppBilling and GameServices in the future. I don't remember if interstitial ads worked or not, but if they did not, you can see on the change log how I fixed it. However, I was unable to fix the reward ads so far. Even when I think UnityAds are better for ads in games, I'm still looking for a solution to this.

RewardAds seems to work when I use the official test IDs from Google. However, when I configure my own reward ad IDs in the AdMob dashboard and declare my test device ID properly, it won't load. Logcat reports:
I/Ads: No fill from ad server.
W/Ads: Failed to load ad: 3
D/AdActivity: onRewardedVideoAdFailedToLoad: Error 3
I was checking many help threads like https://stackoverflow.com/questions/335 ... -load-ad-3 but no solution helped. I tested the whole thing on Galaxy S3 and Galaxy S6.

Did you ever used the Android reward ads in a serious manner? Can you please check my fork, maybe something is wrong on my end. I really appreciate your time.

Thx.
Visual Studio Code TemplateRichLÖVE Mobile (AdMob+UnityAds)

───▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▄───
───█▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒█───
────█░░░░░░░░░█────
▄▄──█░░░▀█▀░░░█──▄▄
█░░█▀▄░░░░░░░▄▀█░░█

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests