[11.3] AdMob support for Android + EU Consent

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
yetneverdone
Party member

Re: [0.10.2] AdMob support for Android!

Post by yetneverdone »

Awesome. although i really recommend to make a separate wiki for guideline on how to set it up. Original repo is outdated, especially the game packaging/deploying wiki
Marty
Citizen

Post by Marty »

First of all, I forgot to mention that I also had to change love\build.gradle:

Code: Select all

ndk {
             // Specifies the ABI configurations of your native
             // libraries Gradle should build and package with your APK.
-            abiFilters 'armeabi-v7a', 'armeabi'
+            abiFilters 'x86'
         }
Because I use an Intel.

Whatsoever, lately a lot busy, but I repeated my steps on the official Android port, and it persists. So I'm wrong here. I will repost my issue on other places with my exact steps, later. The problem is not caused by your fork.

Interesting is, that I cannot install the APK on my main mobile that runs CM, only the stock SGS3 is able to install the APK, but then I get the SDL error, all the time.
yetneverdone wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:13 am Awesome. although i really recommend to make a separate wiki for guideline on how to set it up. Original repo is outdated, especially the game packaging/deploying wiki
I second that, maybe I will create some tutorials on this forum.
Visual Studio Code TemplateRichLÖVE Mobile (AdMob+UnityAds+PlayGamesServices+GameCenter)Add me on Discord

───▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▄───
───█▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒█───
────█░░░░░░░░░█────
▄▄──█░░░▀█▀░░░█──▄▄
█░░█▀▄░░░░░░░▄▀█░░█
yetneverdone
Party member

Post by yetneverdone »

modiX wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:29 am First of all, I forgot to mention that I also had to change love\build.gradle:

Code: Select all

ndk {
             // Specifies the ABI configurations of your native
             // libraries Gradle should build and package with your APK.
-            abiFilters 'armeabi-v7a', 'armeabi'
+            abiFilters 'x86'
         }
Because I use an Intel.

Whatsoever, lately a lot busy, but I repeated my steps on the official Android port, and it persists. So I'm wrong here. I will repost my issue on other places with my exact steps, later. The problem is not caused by your fork.

Interesting is, that I cannot install the APK on my main mobile that runs CM, only the stock SGS3 is able to install the APK, but then I get the SDL error, all the time.
yetneverdone wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:13 am Awesome. although i really recommend to make a separate wiki for guideline on how to set it up. Original repo is outdated, especially the game packaging/deploying wiki
I second that, maybe I will create some tutorials on this forum.
Hey, i need guide. Ive managed to build the apk, signed and aligned it, although when installing it on my phone, it always says "apk is not installed". What are the changes youve made? ive only changed the AndroidManifest.xml, and added my APP-ID Unit.

UPDATE:
Ive managed to install the apk by uninstalling the love2d app (from playstore). Im pretty sure that shouldnt be like that, any solution?
yetneverdone
Party member

Post by yetneverdone »

Anyways, ive fixed it now. THERE SHOULD REALLY BE A PROPER GUIDE! I dont mind making one, but i think mobiX is already making one. Just ask me if you have any problem
bio1712
Citizen

Post by bio1712 »

Hi guys, I agree that should be a proper guide, but I think that it should be made for the original port, because the deploying process is the same.
In addition, I think that if it works on my machine without any issues it should works on your machine too.
Anyway if you need to change your app’s name or version, you can take a look at the .txt in the root folder.
yetneverdone
Party member

Post by yetneverdone »

bio1712 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:17 am Hi guys, I agree that should be a proper guide, but I think that it should be made for the original port, because the deploying process is the same.
In addition, I think that if it works on my machine without any issues it should works on your machine too.
Anyway if you need to change your app’s name or version, you can take a look at the .txt in the root folder.
Yes, also guide update for the original repo. But yours also since there are additional config as to using admob. I'll try make a pull request at the original repo.

Ps. What . txt file? I dont seen any
bio1712
Citizen

Post by bio1712 »

yetneverdone wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:14 am
Yes, also guide update for the original repo. But yours also since there are additional config as to using admob. I'll try make a pull request at the original repo.

You're right. I was sure I put that.
To edit the title of the app edit ./app/src/main/AndroidMainfest.xml
To edit the version and the bundle identifier edit ./app/build.gradle
That means that it is useless to edit the bundle identifier in the manifest.

If you have any suggestion for the admob guide let me know.
Thank you
yetneverdone
Party member

Post by yetneverdone »

bio1712 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:49 am

Thank you
Yeah, changing the package name in manifest does not do anything, learned that the long way haha.
yetneverdone
Party member

Post by yetneverdone »

bio1712 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:49 am

Thank you
Hey, ive forked your repo and added my instruction/guide in the wiki here: https://bitbucket.org/brbl/love2d-admob ... nstruction
IDK how to PR that, please have a look at it before i make any more updates

PS. Youve mentioned that changing AndroidManifest.xml is useless, so what about the game activity? Do i still need to create my own folder struction beside org.love2d.android ??
Marty
Citizen

Post by Marty »

yetneverdone wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:35 pmHey, ive forked your repo and added my instruction/guide in the wiki here: https://bitbucket.org/brbl/love2d-admob ... nstruction
IDK how to PR that, please have a look at it before i make any more updates
Great, but your NDK links are broken tho.

yetneverdone wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:47 pm Anyways, ive fixed it now. THERE SHOULD REALLY BE A PROPER GUIDE! I dont mind making one, but i think mobiX is already making one. Just ask me if you have any problem
I'm very busy lately. You are welcome to post a guide for it here on the forum, don't hold yourself back. :nyu:
Visual Studio Code TemplateRichLÖVE Mobile (AdMob+UnityAds+PlayGamesServices+GameCenter)Add me on Discord

───▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▄───
───█▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒█───
────█░░░░░░░░░█────
▄▄──█░░░▀█▀░░░█──▄▄
█░░█▀▄░░░░░░░▄▀█░░█