STALKER-X (Camera library)

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
adnzzzzZ
Party member

Re: STALKER-X (Camera library)

Post by adnzzzzZ »

I forgot to document that. Set camera.draw_deadzone to true and call camera:draw() outside the attach/detach block.
HDPLocust
Citizen

Post by HDPLocust »

Yo, here the great research about cameras behavior in a lot of 2d-games, so it can be useful for "Great Camera Combine Library" : )
https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/ItayKer ... ollers.php
Science and violence
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

HDPLocust wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:10 pm Yo, here the great research about cameras behavior in a lot of 2d-games, so it can be useful for "Great Camera Combine Library" : )
https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/ItayKer ... ollers.php
I'm pretty sure he was aware of that article, since most functionality the article contains (and the itsp video doesn't really cover), adn did implement in the library.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
hasen
Party member

Post by hasen »

Is there any demo code of this in basic use? I'm trying to get it working with Tiled with STI. I'm new to Love2d anyway but liked the look of your camera for a platformer game.
ken.athomos
Citizen

Post by ken.athomos »

hasen wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:03 pm Is there any demo code of this in basic use? I'm trying to get it working with Tiled with STI. I'm new to Love2d anyway but liked the look of your camera for a platformer game.
Check the github page of the library then scroll down to Quick Start. It basically discusses how to use the library and its many camera types.
hasen
Party member

Post by hasen »

ken.athomos wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:49 am
hasen wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:03 pm Is there any demo code of this in basic use? I'm trying to get it working with Tiled with STI. I'm new to Love2d anyway but liked the look of your camera for a platformer game.
Check the github page of the library then scroll down to Quick Start. It basically discusses how to use the library and its many camera types.
Yes I saw that, it seemed simple enough but I'm having trouble getting it to work with STI. I have another thread here about it anyway https://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php ... 5&p=217857
scissors61
Citizen

Post by scissors61 »

Hi, I like how simple it is to use this library for cool things
I have a problem though, I'm using a point n click feature that gets broken when I rotate this camera, the mouse position is not correct in its conversion to the rotated world I think.
Thanks
skeleton60
Prole

Post by skeleton60 »

Hello,

for unknow reason shake effect does nothing when i try to call shake method, but the fade, and flash effect are running good !

anyone know why shake effect dont want to shake? (i did like the example in doc to do fade/flash and shake) so i have no idea why fade and flash are working but shake isnt :(

edited: ok i know the reason, and reason is i never read all lines in docs -_- here is the reason: "Note that if you have a target locked and you have NO_DEADZONE or a lerp of 1 set, then a screen shake won't happen since the camera will be locked tightly to the target."