Convenient workflow for testing mobile-apps

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Tassilo
Prole

Convenient workflow for testing mobile-apps

Post by Tassilo »

Heya guys.
Just wanted to share my workflow for testing Android-games/-apps, in case it might prove helpful for one of you (maybe some even know better ways to do so).
Instead of manually transferring the .love file to my Android-device or cumbersomely zipping it up on the device itself, I managed to open up my files much faster this way:
I work on my projects in a Dropbox-folder. Whenever I am going to test the project on the mobile device, I save and switch to Windows PowerShell (similar methods available for MacOSX and Linux, of course, might work for iOS projects as well).
In PowerShell, I type

Code: Select all

cd <project_directory>
rm <project>.love; Compress-Archive * <project>.zip; ren <project>.zip <project>.love
I then open up ES File Explorer on the Android device, switch to Cloud/Dropbox and open up the freshly updated .love file, making updates a quick two-step procedure.
Now just pressing "up" in the PowerShell to repeat the last command makes me easily generate updated version.
Espescially helpful when working on touchcontrols.
Hope it helps. Best,
Tassilo