Then I invite you to make use of my Visual Studio Code Template for the LÖVE framework.
It offers various helpful tools (tested in Windows and Mac, Linux should work, too) and I'm planning to improve and enhance it. (So I suggest to fork it with remote upstream to stay up2date.)
This template offers:
- A LÖVE launcher that shows console output (print) in the Terminal of VSCode
- Animation file merger (perfect to build single animations in Piskel and use the generated combined file with anim8 (or any other animation lib) in your game, example included)
- Optional: Minification on distribution
- Optional: Windows binary builder (icon injection not included for now)
- Optional: Android compilation (copies Android and game files to your Android project and executes gradlew build to build your APK, Android injection files are only compatible with my RichLÖVE, please consider to replace them, if you don't want to use my fork)
- Optional: iOS preparation (copies iOS and game files to your Xcode project, iOS injection files are only compatible with my RichLÖVE, please consider to replace them, if you don't want to use my fork)
If you are missing any functionality that might be useful for general purposes, please be welcome to implement those on a clean branch of your fork of this template repository and submit a pull request.