NoiseGen - 2d Noise Generator

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Mermersk
Party member

NoiseGen - 2d Noise Generator

Post by Mermersk »

Hey

NoiseGen is a tool for mapping noise onto an image. You can open it up, mess around with the settings until you find something useful, then you can save it as a png-image file.

Features

Customizable dimensions - Choose your width and height of the image.
Choose between 3 different noise types: Fractal, Billow or Ridged Multi.
Customizable settings for your noise - Octaves, Lacunarity, Persistance, Seed and Frequency
Customizable colors - Choose your value for the red, green, blue and alpha channels

Use spacebar to generate new image with your new settings. You can use the arrows to see previous images you made in the current session.

Regarding save function: You can save your image with a name of your liking, but currently it can only save the image to one place on the computer. The path to the save folder is displayed in the program.

Default resolution of the image is 1200x800

Credits
I used 2 libraries I found here on the forums. Many thanks to the creators of these! They are:
Simple-slider by georgeprosser.
Lovenoise by substitute541

This is my first real tool I make, hope some of you find it useful or just fun to mess around in :awesome:

Attachments
NoiseGen.love
(14.63 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
boleanly
Prole

Re: NoiseGen - 2d Noise Generator

Post by boleanly »

Hi!

I think this tool is pretty great for generating 2D ground or background textures. Your green example pic makes me think of grass or leaves. One little problem though, the default 1400 x 800 is a bit too big for my 1360 x 768 screen. Can you allow the UI to scale with the window size? And if you do that, maybe a way to scroll through the generated image when it is bigger than the window, and a way to zoom in or out? Aside from that, great work! :)

Thanks!
Darlex
Party member

Post by Darlex »

Too big for my screen :(
Hi! I wish you have an amazing day!
Mermersk
Party member

Post by Mermersk »

Hey,

I am working on making the UI responsive so that users can resize the program! This evolved into making another library for responsive UI´s and therefore has taken a bit more time. Will update once its ready (: