Advanced Source Library

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
zorg
Party member

Advanced Source Library

Post by zorg »

Oh look, i accidentally implemented this old issue, and a few other things people have been requesting for quite some time now.

https://github.com/zorggn/love-asl

Löve Advanced Source Library features the following:
  • Custom loop points.
  • Reverse-playback.
  • Time-Stretching and Pitch-Shifting methods; playback speed and pitch no longer tied together.
  • Can more-or-less work as drop-in replacements for regular Sources.
It's still a bit rough around the edges (has some things missing, like streamed Source support), but if i had not released this, chances are i never would have; this way i can work on it based on feedback, which is probably better; PRs and Issue reports welcome. :3
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
zorg
Party member

Re: Advanced Source Library

Post by zorg »

Library updated to v3.0: lol timeskip...
- Time-stretching and pitch-shifting now with even less noise,
- Added panning support for stereo sources,
- Added stereo separation support for stereo sources,
- Added nearest, linear, cubic and sinc interpolation methods for playback - usually only useful if you play audio back at rates extremely lower than the default.

Link is the same, issue reporting appreciated if there are unforeseen crashes.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
ivan
Party member

Post by ivan »

Hello, Zorg. I fetched the code from GitHub and ran the "tests" project so I can confirm that it works. Not really sure how to use the library, since it's way beyond my audio needs. Nevertheless, it sounds cool!
ReFreezed
Party member

Post by ReFreezed »

Nice timing. I forgot about this library. I'm currently doing something sound/music related and parts of the code will certainly be helpful.
Tools: Hot Particles, LuaPreprocess, InputField, (more) Games: Momento Temporis
"If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

ivan wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:41 am Hello, Zorg. I fetched the code from GitHub and ran the "tests" project so I can confirm that it works. Not really sure how to use the library, since it's way beyond my audio needs. Nevertheless, it sounds cool!
To be honest, the test folder's an older artefact that i didn't manage to update; i'll be refactoring that by including an actual demo project instead (since there are some tests i can't really automate in a non-hands-on approach kind of way)