RPG Tile demo update

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Darky
Citizen

Re: RPG Tile demo update

Post by Darky »

You forgot to divide the player speed by sqrt(2) when moving in two directions.
(you have to normalize the player speed, everyone will just keep moving in diagonals if you don't)
http://darky-ben.fr/Xut my webcomic (french)
Chasm.Creativeworks
Prole

Post by Chasm.Creativeworks »

So I'm really new to LOVE and anything that it entails, but please forgive my horribly basic question/s.

I got LOVE and started seeing what i was able to make happen from the tutorials on the wiki. I got the keypressed functions to work decently, but when I tried to get a simple tile map made, it just refused to cooperate.

I downloaded your file to check it out, and its essentially just what I need to see where I'm going wrong in my code.

My question is... how do I take the file I downloaded from this thread and make it so I can actually make heads or tails of it in Notepad++?

Is there some sort of reverse-packing that I need to do?

Thanks, and sorry again.

Justin
Sebas
Prole

Post by Sebas »

Chasm.Creativeworks wrote:So I'm really new to LOVE and anything that it entails, but please forgive my horribly basic question/s.

I got LOVE and started seeing what i was able to make happen from the tutorials on the wiki. I got the keypressed functions to work decently, but when I tried to get a simple tile map made, it just refused to cooperate.

I downloaded your file to check it out, and its essentially just what I need to see where I'm going wrong in my code.

My question is... how do I take the file I downloaded from this thread and make it so I can actually make heads or tails of it in Notepad++?

Is there some sort of reverse-packing that I need to do?

Thanks, and sorry again.

Justin
Do u mean how to get the source codes?; Rename the file from .love to .zip and then expand the file. To help in debugging I create a link to the love.exe executable and put at the same level of the program's directory; To run the program I drag and drop the whole carpet over the love's link.
Sebas
Prole

Post by Sebas »

Darky wrote:You forgot to divide the player speed by sqrt(2) when moving in two directions.
(you have to normalize the player speed, everyone will just keep moving in diagonals if you don't)
Will look at it.
Sebas
Prole

Post by Sebas »

Darky wrote:You forgot to divide the player speed by sqrt(2) when moving in two directions.
Fixed ( I hope... :) )
Last edited by Sebas on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banoticus
Citizen

Post by Banoticus »

WWW:(What went well)
The animations look cool
The basic engine is very smooth
Textures are done well
Movement is great
EBI:(Even Better If)
I don't get the point of the houses
I feel the game needs some gui on the screen
Trees look a bit unusual on the darker grass

You should, if you finish it, release this on desura. If this thing had a story in it would be like a professional RPG.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

Banoticus wrote: I don't get the point of the houses
wat?
Banoticus wrote:I feel the game needs some gui on the screen
You noticed that (as thread name says) this is still only a demo of a tile engine right? Go easy...
Sebas
Prole

Post by Sebas »

Sry not a Game, only a little demo of a tile engine (even to say it a "engine" is a little pretentious).