My Adventure Game Engine - Making Way For Adventure Engine 2

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Re: My Zelda style adventure engine (DEMO COMING 09/09/09!)

Post by TechnoCat »

Jasoco wrote:Camera bug is fixed! :ultraglee: Actually, the entire camera system is rewritten, and better than it was before. So that's something. It only locks to the player or a coordinate now but it works perfect. :ultrahappy:
I was expecting a release with this post. ;)
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

09/09/09 is ending...
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Where I live, I still have 7 hours before I have to release it. :P

10 if I go by Pacific.

Believe me, when it is released, the title will change.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

bartbes wrote:09/09/09 is ending...
The end is nigh...
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Well, here it is. I hope. I do not have a Windows machine to test it on. But this ZIP should work fine.

It contains a READ ME inside so read it. READ IT FIRST OR ELSE! Do not run the game until you read the READ ME. It will tell you all the release notes and tips.

Works in 0.5.0 only.
napco
Party member

Re: My Zelda style adventure engine (DEMO NOW AVAILABLE)

Post by napco »

Found a bug... I was enjoying killing monsters when i noticed that purple octarok near the entrance... stopped... so i've tried to kill it with the sword... and nothing... then i tried a bomb, but it stopped too... then arrows, and you can see the result...

By the way the game is very good, but i prefer ff4-like trees and i don't like too much the graphic style mix (sprites like the player are very different from other npcs)... And when you are talking with some npc that says more than one thing the dialogue bok flashes for a second (problem that i had also).
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

napco wrote:Found a bug... I was enjoying killing monsters when i noticed that purple octarok near the entrance... stopped... so i've tried to kill it with the sword... and nothing... then i tried a bomb, but it stopped too... then arrows, and you can see the result...
Easy. I haven't put in a safety to keep the enemies from wandering off screen. When they try to wander into an area that has no array, the game gets confused. i.e. the collision detection is trying to check for a negative array when the lowest is zero. Since mapHit[-1][-1] does not exist, the game gets stuck. But instead of erroring it just stops performing some calculations. Easy fix. All I have to do is make sure the enemy never walks onto the edge tiles. (It worked the same way in Zelda. Also, note that in Zelda, Link couldn't even attack when standing on the edge tiles. Nor do enemy projectiles hit you if you're on an edge either. Kind of a safe zone.) NEXT!
By the way the game is very good, but i prefer ff4-like trees and i don't like too much the graphic style mix (sprites like the player are very different from other npcs)...
How many times do I have to mention that the graphics are placeholders? And I'm not going to use copyrighted graphics in a final game. Also, I drew that tree. I like that tree. It is my baby. In fact, 95% of the graphics are drawn by me. I'm not an artist. Are you saying you don't like my art style? Do you not like the female sprites I redrew all by myself? :cry:
And when you are talking with some npc that says more than one thing the dialogue bok flashes for a second (problem that i had also).
Not a big deal. I assume you mean the millisecond of space between the two dialogs that the Inn Keeper says? It's not a big problem. You should have seen it when I tried to make the dialogs fade in and out. I will work on a way of keeping the box open and just changing the text. But it's not that easy. Will need some thought.
napco
Party member

Post by napco »

Uh, no! I didn't want to say that i don't like your graphics, but that i don't like the difference from your female npcs (one-pixel-border) and your guard npc (two-pixels-border) and the player(no-border). If you could see graphics drawn by me you'd laugh... or cry... By the way, on Windows it runs fine and at full speed!
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

But you mentioned the trees.

Also, drawing characters is the hardest part of any game. I can draw the world. But I cannot make my own style people and enemies.

Glad it's going full speed. What is your processor if I might ask?

Maybe I'll aim for another alpha next Wednesday if I am able to implement a bit more.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

I like it! After all those positive comments over time, that's all you're going to get from me :P (I am no longer positive, so see this as a strong compliment, or don't)