My Adventure Game Engine - Making Way For Adventure Engine 2

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
litearc
Citizen

Re: My Adventure Game Engine - Making Way For Adventure Engi

Post by litearc »

I think this would be more useful than a 3d engine since Love doesn't seem optimized for that (no offense). I haven't played any RPG or adventure games made with Love, I think because they need a lot of groundwork to get started, which this seemed to provide. If you do go back to this, do you think you'll start from scratch? I tend to do that if my coding techniques have improved.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Definitely. Every time I leave a project behind I learn new techniques and when I end up going back to the project I am ashamed at my old coding ways and find it easier to rewrite it.

Lately I've really wanted to make a Zelda style game though. Or an old-style turn-based RPG. I know they're a dime a dozen though. But I'd still like to. At least as a break from my 3D experimenting.
pauljessup
Party member

Post by pauljessup »

I don't know- I don't think they're a dime a dozen anymore. RPGDX is pretty much a ghost town these days, I mean, back in the QBRPG era there was a million of them inspired by DarkDread and Tsu. But now? Notsomuch. At least, none that make it past the "ooo! pretty screenshot!" stage :)

BTW, I saw that you used to QBRPG's- did you hang out in the boards like GDR and the like? I used to go there all the time- used to go by Mandrake.

Anyway- I say do it. I'm working on a turn based RPG in Love2d myself...just getting the basic engine down now. Planning on doing a sort of on-the-map turn based like chrono trigger did, but with FF:Origins style graphics.
Daniel Eakins
Citizen

Post by Daniel Eakins »

Agreed. There are too few amateur RPGs! So many game engines (or frameworks) feel underused.

I actually started learning Löve just so I could code my own (2D) Chrono Cross style RPG. Did several extensive SNES RPG mods and was in the process of coding an RPG engine with Adventure Game Studios, but Löve is just the better framework.
Kasperelo
Party member

Post by Kasperelo »

How does the collision detection work?
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

This thread is older than dirt. This is literally my first thread (probably) on this forum and is 6 years old.

I wouldn't even consider trying to go back to this project.

And if I did, I'd rewrite it completely and use Bump.
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

Jasoco wrote:This thread is older than dirt. This is literally my first thread (probably) on this forum and is 6 years old.

I wouldn't even consider trying to go back to this project.

And if I did, I'd rewrite it completely and use Bump.
Is there any other adventure game engine?

I'd love to have a ZZT/MZX style GCS, preferably for love2d. I tried to rescue GCSx from oblivion, but it was in a too immature state to be nearly usable.
TheNiny
Prole

Re: NEW DEMO RIGHT HERE!!!

Post by TheNiny »

The download doesn't work for me! That's sad, because I wa looking forward to this!
~The Niny
"Sna.ke", a agar.io and snake mix.