OGMO Editor Importer

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
elGabe
Prole

OGMO Editor Importer

Post by elGabe »

Howdy!

I'm writing an importer to load levels from OGMO Editor into love2D and I decided I should also probably ask the community what sort of features people would want that I might've not anticipated. What I have right now is as simple as this:

Code: Select all

ogmo = require "ogmo"

function love.load()

local map_texture = love.graphics.newImage(PATH_TO_IMAGE)

map = ogmo.load(PATH_TO_JSON, map_texture)
	-- or
	map = ogmo.load(PATH_TO_JSON, PATH_TO_IMAGE)

end

function love.draw()

map:draw()

end
I have collisions working, but that's done with my personal library. I thought about adding a map:collide(object, table_of_solids) kinda function but idk if people would actually care for that.

Please let me know if you'd like to use OGMO with love2d and if there are any features you'd like on an importer. I'm basically working on this for myself, but I'd love to make it available on GitHub!

Cheers!

- Gabe
Conifer
Prole

Re: OGMO Editor Importer

Post by Conifer »

I love using OGMO and I can't wait to this to come out.
Would you also be able to spawn entities through the data?
D0NM
Party member

Post by D0NM »

I loved OGMO so much... cool.
Our LÖVE Gamedev blog Zabuyaki (an open source retro beat 'em up game). Twitter: @Zabuyaki.
:joker: LÖVE & Lua Video Lessons in Russian / Видео уроки по LÖVE и Lua :joker:
elGabe
Prole

Post by elGabe »

Howdy all!

I've been on a long break since I started a new job in AAA and didn't really have it in me to code after the 9 to 5. But after many months, I'm ready to start a side project and I've also decided to revive this one.

I added a bunch of new code to it to make it more useful than what I had before (we are supporting layers now yay!) but it's still pretty bare-bones. As it is now, it basically just renders an ogmo map. I have some plans to include instantiating, collisions, etc; but those will come later.

Anyways, if anyone is still interested in using OGMO with love2d, this code will be maintained semi-regularly now.

Here's the repo: https://github.com/elGabe/ogmo_reader
PixelHero
Prole

Post by PixelHero »

elGabe wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:43 pm Anyways, if anyone is still interested in using OGMO with love2d, this code will be maintained semi-regularly now.
I NEED this. Tiled doesn't work for me. PLEASE finish this.
Dragons are great.