Löve Frames - A GUI Library

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Nikolai Resokav
Party member

Re: Löve Frames - A GUI Library

Post by Nikolai Resokav »

thekingdf wrote:Im trying to remove all the objects on the screen like this
for key, value in pairs(loveframes.base.children) do
value:Remove()
end
But this is only removing 1 of each type of object. So if theres 2 buttons it will only remove 1 of them.
I have no idea why.

Also, you got any ideas on how to stop the textbox from destroying my FPS when theres a lot of text inside it?
To remove all Löve Frames objects you can call this function: loveframes.util.RemoveAll(). As for the text input lag issue, what is it bringing your fps down to and how much text exactly is in it?
KingRecycle
Prole

Post by KingRecycle »

I just noticed I get an error caused by Love Frames when I try to run my game as a .love.

But when I run it outside the folder I get a different error that has to do with Love Frames.

Appreciate the help.
Attachments
ProjectLearn.love
(6.42 MiB) Downloaded 194 times
Nikolai Resokav
Party member

KingRecycle wrote:I just noticed I get an error caused by Love Frames when I try to run my game as a .love.

But when I run it outside the folder I get a different error that has to do with Love Frames.

Appreciate the help.
You need to change the setting loveframes.config["DIRECTORY"] in init.lua to reflect the directory in which Löve Frames is installed. In this case you have Löve Frames installed in "libraries/LoveFrames" and you have loveframes.config["DIRECTORY"] set to "libraries/loveframes", so all you need to do is change that setting to "libraries/LoveFrames" and it should work.
KingRecycle
Prole

Post by KingRecycle »

Nikolai Resokav wrote:
KingRecycle wrote:I just noticed I get an error caused by Love Frames when I try to run my game as a .love.

Appreciate the help.
You need to change the setting loveframes.config["DIRECTORY"] in init.lua to reflect the directory in which Löve Frames is installed. In this case you have Löve Frames installed in "libraries/LoveFrames" and you have loveframes.config["DIRECTORY"] set to "libraries/loveframes", so all you need to do is change that setting to "libraries/LoveFrames" and it should work.
Ahh, those types will get you every time. Thanks!
Nikolai Resokav
Party member

KingRecycle wrote:
Nikolai Resokav wrote:

Appreciate the help.
Ahh, those types will get you every time. Thanks!
No problem!
dreadkillz
Party member

Post by dreadkillz »

This is a nice looking library and great demo presentation. However in the demo, there is something wrong with the text window. I can't bring the text window to the top when its out of focus unless I click the top blue bar.
Nikolai Resokav
Party member

dreadkillz wrote:This is a nice looking library and great demo presentation.
Thanks!
dreadkillz wrote: However in the demo, there is something wrong with the text window. I can't bring the text window to the top when its out of focus unless I click the top blue bar.
That's because I haven't added the ability for the text object to move it's base parent to the top when gets clicked. I will likely add this feature in the next update.
vernon
Prole

Post by vernon »

very nice library, I use it in my application.
Ensayia
Party member

Post by Ensayia »

I've been using this for maybe 20 minutes and I must say this is absolutely brilliant and easy to use. It took me no time at all to figure out how to use frames and panels, and how to begin adding buttons and lists among other critical GUI items. I attempted to use the likes of wxWidgets to make a GUI for my chat program experiment and I've done more with this in a few minutes than I have all day with the alternatives.

Kudos to you sir for making an easy to use good looking GUI. I will use this for many projects to come!
Nikolai Resokav
Party member

vernon wrote:very nice library, I use it in my application.
Thanks!
Ensayia wrote:I've been using this for maybe 20 minutes and I must say this is absolutely brilliant and easy to use. It took me no time at all to figure out how to use frames and panels, and how to begin adding buttons and lists among other critical GUI items. I attempted to use the likes of wxWidgets to make a GUI for my chat program experiment and I've done more with this in a few minutes than I have all day with the alternatives.

Kudos to you sir for making an easy to use good looking GUI. I will use this for many projects to come!
Thanks, I'm glad to see that you find my library useful and easy to use! I hope it works well with your projects!