Official "A Whiff of Steam", the LövelyRPG project topic

The LövelyRPG project, a community initiative aiming to create an open source role playing game.

Moderator: Lövely RPG Community

willurd
Citizen

Re: Official "A Whiff of Steam", the LövelyRPG project topic

Post by willurd »

bartbes wrote:I'm pretty sure support for the tweets is ending or has ended, due to twitter's switch to OAuth only, leaving the basic auth github used unusable. (And GitHub commented they were not going to replace it, because it doesn't fit in their model.)
That's a shame. Would have been useful.
giniu
Party member

Post by giniu »

Yeah, but we will see - twitter did not disappeared from hooks in github options, so maybe it will start working once again one day. For now let's leave that detail alone.
--edit:
speaking of which, it seems to be working actually, but with quite some delay (6 hours?)
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

@ github twitter:
My experience with it is that it works, but that it's rather buggy.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
partymetroid
Citizen

Post by partymetroid »

So about a week ago arrived the digital painting DVD that I had my brother order me for my birthday. (He asked!) This is the DVD he bought me. It comes with 16 high-definition OGG format videos. They are released under the Creative Commons license. I.e., one can copy them as they see fit as long as they attribute the artist (David Revoy).

Would anyone working on the project like a copy? :)
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

It helps if you mention what Creative Commons license it has, there are quite a few.
giniu
Party member

Post by giniu »

partymetroid wrote:Would anyone working on the project like a copy? :)
Maybe some artist around would find your offer interesting - I saw part of it (on Davids blog) and I must say it's indeed impressive.

Anyway, I have small announcement. Taking into account, that actually almost single person did nearly all of current working prototypes, according to project rules as one holding position of Chuck, I'd like to invoke promotion process for William Bowers (willurd) to Lead Developer, i.e. Lead Coder/Gameplay Coder. According to rules, I posted poll where people can vote for the promotion - but I don't think anyone will have anything against it. Anyway, to fulfil my duty, there goes the poll: http://poll.fm/23cae. It will stay open till end of month.
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Post by nevon »

Oh dude yes. I want that DVD. Hard! :oops:
partymetroid
Citizen

Post by partymetroid »

bartbes wrote:It helps if you mention what Creative Commons license it has, there are quite a few.
Creative Commons Attribute. :)

Oh, and I sent you a message, nevon. :D

[edit] I forgot the biggest reason for my post: I made a work-in-progress character design using Alchemy and the GIMP:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2982005/asiancharacter_000.png.

He's a semi-Asian guy who lives in the north/south (whichever you want). Probably something like Mongolia. Anyway, I thought that the design looked pretty good, and I would like some feedback on the clothes. I chose wool for the garments; big leather gloves, to better handle steam; iron shoulders, armor; and leather overwear, for that extra protection where you need it most™ (beneath the shoulder armor, and around the crotch).

I think some people might not like the overwear design. Idk. Feedback is appreciated. :)
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

giniu wrote:Please note, that Github have less features in field of user types (only 3 types of users: not logged in, logged in and developer)
I just found out there are 'organizations' as well, maybe this can help you set more permissions.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Excellent idea.
Help us help you: attach a .love.