Open Sound Control

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
octopiansociety
Prole

Open Sound Control

Post by octopiansociety »

Hey guys,
I'm a electronic music composer looking into making an experimental game focused on sound. I've heard lua was a good scripting language and looking into lua I found this engine. I was wondering if its possible to use this engine, but send OSC messages for the audio. I program in SuperCollider for all my music and I would love to be able to use a game engine in combination with it. Any help or pointing in a good direction would be highly appreciated!

thanks,
Chad
rude
Administrator

Re: Open Sound Control

Post by rude »

Hello.

Currently, the audio API is horrible and this is not even close to possible. (Improvement are coming.)

Sorry. :D
octopiansociety
Prole

Post by octopiansociety »

Hello again,
thanks for the speedy reply. I think you guys are doing a great job and this engine looks really cool. If its ok I thought I should ask you guys a couple more questions I had because you know more about this stuff than I. I'm an utter noob at Lua and engines so these are huge n00b questions. Is it possible to just get Lua itself sending and receiving OSC? Also, do you guys know of any other engines offering OSC support? Thanks again!

Chad
rude
Administrator

Post by rude »

Well, if OSC just is a protocol, you could use LuaSocket and implement it yourself ... and that's about all I can tell you. :3
octopiansociety wrote:this engine looks really cool
^^