Snapshot Roguelike alpha

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
riidom
Citizen

Re: Snapshot Roguelike alpha

Post by riidom »

I cant leave this occasion out to shamelessly advertise my favourite font inconsolata (to be precise, inconsolata-g), it is monospaced as well.
Omnivore
Prole

Post by Omnivore »

Now up to v0.0.10, added a main menu with splash/background, now using the Inconsolata-g font for hud, menus, and messages. New item: throwable grenades! You start with six of them, they don't drop, and you can commit suicide if you use them wrong - but they'll kill a pack of big-A's most times. Also have two new dungeon layouts added in, both using the same generator (based on a hack of Zero's octagon maze generator). Also has save/restore game and confirm on exit. Additionally the action point movement/action system is in and working well so far.

I actually liked the ubuntu fonts better, but went with Inconsolata-g for now due to size of the font files. The Ubuntu ttf I liked would've doubled the size of the .love!!

Anyways, feedback welcome as always,
Omnivore

https://bitbucket.org/blprice61/snapshot/downloads
Lua lou aye, ah no its, lua louie
Jimanzium
Party member

Post by Jimanzium »

I already love this idea, and this game. Great job so far and I hope to see more.
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

It's very nice how the grenade can bounce and doesn't always hit where you threw it... but the game is still freakin hard :D
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de
MPQC
Citizen

Post by MPQC »

Omnivore wrote:Now up to v0.0.10, added a main menu with splash/background, now using the Inconsolata-g font for hud, menus, and messages. New item: throwable grenades! You start with six of them, they don't drop, and you can commit suicide if you use them wrong - but they'll kill a pack of big-A's most times. Also have two new dungeon layouts added in, both using the same generator (based on a hack of Zero's octagon maze generator). Also has save/restore game and confirm on exit. Additionally the action point movement/action system is in and working well so far.

I actually liked the ubuntu fonts better, but went with Inconsolata-g for now due to size of the font files. The Ubuntu ttf I liked would've doubled the size of the .love!!

Anyways, feedback welcome as always,
Omnivore

https://bitbucket.org/blprice61/snapshot/downloads
You haven't reached a megabyte, so doubling the size of the .love in the big scheme of things is nothing, you could easily get away with it. :awesome:.
Tchey
Prole

Post by Tchey »

ASCII Sector
OK, you get my intention.
Jul 24, 2013
Nooooo !

Is it still something ?

I tried the .love version, error on startup.
I tried the .exe version with WINE (i'm a Linux user), it works.

I played only 5 minutes to test it quickly. I don't like the rotating map, i think it's confusing, but still i like it because it's "new" in RL games.

Nice to see a RL made in Love2D.