Turtle: Puzzles

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
TurtleP
Party member

Turtle: Puzzles

Post by TurtleP »

Hello everyone!

I've been working hard these past 10 months on a game, and it's finally ready for it's demo debut! :)

Turtle: Puzzles, a game made by Tiny Turtle Industries, is about a small turtle who arrives home after a long day; but something is amiss! Where'd his children go? They were there in the morning when he left! Suddenly, cries of his young children ring out, and a giant phoenix comes roaring past while carrying your frightened children. You realize the situation, and run off in the direction of the mountain to save your children from becoming turtle soup. Enjoy automatic updates to future DLC content as well as overall game updates and improvements.

Notes:
1) The Level Editor is not in this version; it's a bit buggy right now and will be back in v1.1
2) Key bindings for joysticks in Options is not implemented yet, and will be in v1.1
3) Multiplayer in the campaign didn't work out too well, and in general, so it's being held onto 'til v1.1

Code: Select all

Release Version Notes
v1.0:
Initial Release
Please wait for v1.1!

Download the Latest Here

Credits:
(Names are from the Stabyourself.net Forum)

Me - Making the game
QCode - Side programmer
Hatninja - Spriting
Idiot 9.0 - Spriting
Kyle_Prior - Music/SFX
St. Happyfaces - Music/SFX
Flutter Pie - Bug testing
Pyromaniac - Testing/Web stuff
Rokit Boy - Testing
Thunderflipper - Motivational stuff and help
Jmiester14 - Testing (friend of mine)
Blackpanda - Testing (another real life friend of mine)
Last edited by TurtleP on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vladgalay
Citizen

Re: Turtle: Puzzles

Post by vladgalay »

This game looks and feels very good! Thank you for that game! =)
TurtleP
Party member

Post by TurtleP »

vladgalay wrote:This game looks and feels very good! Thank you for that game! =)
No problem! :D

However, it turns out there may be leftover bugs my testers never found, but I am addressing them. The game will be at v1.0.2 when the next batch is fixed.
micha
Inner party member

Post by micha »

First of all: The game looks very complete with all the menus and stuff. Well done.
I found some issues in the game.
After I finished the 4th level the game crashed with this message:
turtle_error.png
turtle_error.png (10.89 KiB) Viewed 11336 times
Please have a look at it.

Secondly, the first time I played the first level, I picked up the box and carried it all over to the right and dropped it there. Then I could not pick it up again and so could not finish the level. I suggest you make the levels "water-proof". Besides that it would be cool to have a "restart level" option in the pause-menu.

And last, the downloading procedure in the beginning was not very responsive here. It asked me, if I wanted the update. When I pressed "y", it took a couple of seconds until the loading bar appeared. Can you make this more responsive?

I hope these reports help you, make the game better.
TurtleP
Party member

Post by TurtleP »

micha wrote:First of all: The game looks very complete with all the menus and stuff. Well done.
I found some issues in the game.
After I finished the 4th level the game crashed with this message:
turtle_error.png
Please have a look at it.

Secondly, the first time I played the first level, I picked up the box and carried it all over to the right and dropped it there. Then I could not pick it up again and so could not finish the level. I suggest you make the levels "water-proof". Besides that it would be cool to have a "restart level" option in the pause-menu.

And last, the downloading procedure in the beginning was not very responsive here. It asked me, if I wanted the update. When I pressed "y", it took a couple of seconds until the loading bar appeared. Can you make this more responsive?

I hope these reports help you, make the game better.
I know, some of the issues are being addressed, my fellow forumer. The crate issue I've not dealt with yet (and was pointed out). The downloading thing, however, i dont know what causes the lag.
baconhawka7x
Party member

Post by baconhawka7x »

I haven't played this game yet, but holy crap, that art is amazing :o
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

If you are jumping and clear a level your player stays floating.
Also:
Error
game.lua 1118: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Traceback:

game.lua: 1118: in function 'form_map'
game.lua: 13: in function 'game_load'
levelscreen.lua: 115: in function '?'
main.lua: 928: in function 'update'
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
It's a fun game, though! Keep up the good work!
I wouldn't mind seeing more character reactions when you finish the level. I know that would be hard, but I really sort of want the turtle to do an air guitar slide when he finishes a level :P
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
TurtleP
Party member

Post by TurtleP »

davisdude wrote:If you are jumping and clear a level your player stays floating.
Also:
Error
game.lua 1118: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Traceback:

game.lua: 1118: in function 'form_map'
game.lua: 13: in function 'game_load'
levelscreen.lua: 115: in function '?'
main.lua: 928: in function 'update'
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
It's a fun game, though! Keep up the good work!
I wouldn't mind seeing more character reactions when you finish the level. I know that would be hard, but I really sort of want the turtle to do an air guitar slide when he finishes a level :P
Well, the thing is, I don't know what level you crashed on (and I would test it in a bit) but if I'm not online, put the level it was supposed to be please. This way I know there's an issue with level # x. Furthermore, I'm trying to figure out why that specific line keeps fudging up so much. That line's supposed to "form the map image" if you know what I mean by that.
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

Oh sorry. Thought I posted it. :P
It was on the first level with multiple entrances (I think it was level 4, but I can't remember). I took the lower entrance when that happened...
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
TurtleP
Party member

Post by TurtleP »

davisdude wrote:Oh sorry. Thought I posted it. :P
It was on the first level with multiple entrances (I think it was level 4, but I can't remember). I took the lower entrance when that happened...
Yeah, people told me level 4 had two entrances. I don't know how that even happened, and it wasn't at all intended.