R.O.B.B.E.D. FINALLY UPDATE 4! weapon tweaks!collision!

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
IAsep-TrixI
Citizen

R.O.B.B.E.D. FINALLY UPDATE 4! weapon tweaks!collision!

Post by IAsep-TrixI »

Title
R.O.B.B.E.D.
Description
R.O.B.B.E.D. is a simple shooter programmed on the love2d engine by Jkash4 and Asep.
What we're attempting to do is make a bank heist stealth game in which you successfully eliminate all hostiles silently,take the loot and escape without being detected.
Though it is recommended to use complete silence and stealth, you have another choice which is rob the bank while rushing in and kill all guards with them on guard.
Controls
  • Move:WASD keys
    Shoot: LMB
    Run: Lshift
    Stealth: L Alt
    Spawn enemies: RMB
    Silencer on/off: Q
    Single/Auto Fire: F
    reload: R
    switch weapons: E
    random spawn: Space
    GodMode: K
Download UPDATE 3
http://www.mediafire.com/?c7udi577u8zz6eu

Implemented Features
Sight system
Sound barrier system
Shooting
Silencer on/off gun
Single and Auto fire on gun
decent hitbox
enemy AI
advanced state system
random spawning
reload button
death and pause menu
epic and advanced sound fx
changelog menu
collision
maps

Soon to be implemented features
more characters
more weapons
character abilities
Enemy collision
objective added
Splash Screen
create levels
more maps
store

UPDATES
update 4
Better Crosshair!
Better Recoil!
Nerfed godmode a lil bit!
Smarter AI!
new map!
better collision!
new weapon!
deagle!
last update till the beginning of summer!

update 3
----map added!
--Map Collisions
--Cones and circles at the same damn time
--Enemies can hear you from behind and will turn towards you
--Minor UI changes
--Minor tweaks and bug fixes
--Cones and circles get brighter when you might be detected
--Enemies now use cones
--Single fire has less bullet spread than auto
--Bullet speed slightly increased
--Enemies slowly walk to your last known location
thanks

update 2
--redid gamestate system, exit to menu available
--enemies now spawn by themselves on a random right side of the screen with space bar
--bug fixes
--player now uses box2d for physics
--Enter now restarts the game
--Changelog added
--'k' to add health/ammo [dev tool only]
--added reload sound
--added reloading 'r'

update 1
huge release
--added character textures
--added friction
--added character animations
--added walking speed and sound system(lshft run,lalt crouch)
--added shooting
--added enemies
--added enemie spawns (rmb)
--added automatic shooting
--added shooting sounds
--added switch for single and automatic shooting(f key)
--added enemy textures
--added enemy health hud
--textures were created
--added menu button and function
--crisped menu
--added tutorial (not finished)
--added sexy pause menu
--added enemy rotation
--added enemy shooting
--added enemy sound circle (if sound circle hits you he will follow you)
--added enemy random shooting

Screenshots & Videos
newest version

gameplay

dev stage:random funny bugs

*note these are pics from the game when it was just a few weeks old, it is not as shitty as this nowadays :D

Menu
YYVmWhB.png
YYVmWhB.png (5.17 KiB) Viewed 467 times
Showing off the sound barier
KGmWzRg.png
KGmWzRg.png (6.47 KiB) Viewed 467 times
luINHcA.png
luINHcA.png (6.11 KiB) Viewed 467 times
GPwY8VF.png
GPwY8VF.png (14.88 KiB) Viewed 467 times
Sadly, jordan and I are busy for school and have no time to code and add updates to the game.... It's sad to say but we are abandoning the project and will start working on it again in the beginning of summer break, or when we're just not as busy in school as we are now. The last update for now will be released today. It will contain bug fixes, better collision and some new graphics. Thank you everyone for your support, especially ArchAngel075 for giving us the idea for better AI, this game wouldnt be the same without you :P
-Jay
Last edited by IAsep-TrixI on Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 15 times in total.
An agent of the free

check out the game I'm doing with Jkash!
Germanunkol
Party member

Re: Untitled Stealth Game

Post by Germanunkol »

Seems to work nice, good proof of concept.

I assume the AI will be patrolling in the future, because right now, with a little patience, it's almost impossible to lose the game.

I noticed that shooting while moving slow is a problem on linux. Per default, lots of linux desktops use alt+click to allow the moving of the window. So when I move slow (alt) and shoot (click) it goes to pause menu while I hold down the button, instead of shooting, and lets me move the window around.
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de
IAsep-TrixI
Citizen

Post by IAsep-TrixI »

Germanunkol wrote:Seems to work nice, good proof of concept.
thanks!
Germanunkol wrote:I assume the AI will be patrolling in the future, because right now, with a little patience, it's almost impossible to lose the game.
We are trying to improve the AI as much as we can :P
Germanunkol wrote:linux desktops use alt+click to allow the moving of the window. So when I move slow (alt) and shoot (click) it goes to pause menu while I hold down the button, instead of shooting, and lets me move the window around.
I guess next update the sneak button should change.
An agent of the free

IAsep-TrixI
Citizen

Post by IAsep-TrixI »

Germanunkol wrote:Seems to work nice, good proof of concept.

I assume the AI will be patrolling in the future, because right now, with a little patience, it's almost impossible to lose the game.

I noticed that shooting while moving slow is a problem on linux. Per default, lots of linux desktops use alt+click to allow the moving of the window. So when I move slow (alt) and shoot (click) it goes to pause menu while I hold down the button, instead of shooting, and lets me move the window around.
oh and also, do you have any idea how to put up a video in the forums? the [youtube][/youtube] doesnt work
An agent of the free

raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

It does works. Just put a youtube ID in between the tags:

Code: Select all

[youtube]0AHHOTDzWuM[/youtube]
IAsep-TrixI
Citizen

Post by IAsep-TrixI »

raidho36 wrote:It does works. Just put a youtube ID in between the tags:

Code: Select all

[youtube]0AHHOTDzWuM[/youtube]
oh thanks haahha
An agent of the free

AtomCastDev
Prole

Re: R.O.B.B.E.D.

Post by AtomCastDev »

Awesome game dude!
I love the sound barrier idea, and it works!
though you should really try making the silencer do less addition to the enemy's sound barrier.
but over all its really fun!
Sharing the one world

Also check out my friend's game!
http://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=43276
jkash4
Prole

Post by jkash4 »

If you have any questions or recommendations message one of us!
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

Is this based off the code of Traid?
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
ArchAngel075
Party member

Post by ArchAngel075 »

absolutely loving the idea of the game, im note sure on how you put it together in your code, but i have a suggestion on AI.

guards have either roam or preset waypoints to navigate when there is no alert. In roam they will randomly move from random points, only setting a new point once they reached their current. BUT each time a check for the player making noise is done and if they are alerted.

Alerted, or spotting player :
Instead of psycho following the player, first check if the player is within a good range for shooting. If out of range then the guard moves directly to the player (as the psycho does now) once in range the guard will use the random waypoint system above but the waypoints try to make him stay within range of player.

When a guard gets low on health, he looks are surroundings and determines what barriers would obstruct the players bullets, he will then run directly for that barrier. he can wait it out trying shots by poking out the barrier or moving directly for a location of money.

-edit-

I looked at the gameplay video and got some updates on idea for AI.

Guards have a view range too, a cone infront of them, this makes it harder to escape in a straight corridor. Adheres to the alert system above.

If you can, try makign a more dynamic sound system. When a guard takes a hit, a cone of sound alertness (like the green circle atm) grows in that direction, this means fire from one spot or close in the same area and the guard grows alert to that area, if a guards helathj is high enough he will attempt to move slowly towards that point if the alertness reaches a certain point. If low on health the guard can move up to another guard at higher HP and passes 50% of his alert ness of that direction onto him (groups of guards be deadly).

Guards on low hp will also attempt to avoid the bullets flying further in their direction but examining their last angle of being hit and their strongest alert cone. Moving away from these points will have him avoiding.

On cones :
cones can be a oject of sorts held by guards, so a cone is genererated when no other cone in that direction overlaps with a base sized cone already somewhat in that direction. IE when guard heard from 45 degrees, and cone is 5 large, now he hears from 50 degrees and this overlaps with prev cone, so make the prev cone swivel and grow in the new direction. Perhaps guards have a limit of cones at a time.

The cone idea is pretty hard to implement (especially above swivel and overlap), but makes interesting gameplay as a player can make noise in one area to extend a guards cone and attract them without alert, then player can move off into another area to complete objectives.

I also think that time in a rush is crucial, cause the longer you take the more backup guards can arrive. Going in during a rush may be easy but getting out will be harder!

-end-