No sound in any löve projects

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
innsmouthrain
Prole

No sound in any löve projects

Post by innsmouthrain »

Hi!

I'm looking around at game engines and editors for linux and found out about Löve2d! I am a fan of mari0 and I tried Mr Rescue as well as Hawkthorne journey now. Beautiful games and very promising framework for my team! I am very glad I stumbled upon this.

However. There is no sound at all in any of them. I've tried searching google and the forums but no luck. Anyone know something I can try to fix it?

I'm running arch linux and start the games by running a command like "love /usr/share/hawkthorne-journey/hawkthorne.love".

Warm regards
davisdude
Party member

Re: No sound in any löve projects

Post by davisdude »

I'm not sure, honestly. I'm assuming your sound works regularly. I'm not much of a Linux person myself, I'm just sort of bumping this for you so a developer or other person might see this.
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
micha
Inner party member

Post by micha »

Hey,

I created a minimal example game to play sound. Please run the attached .love and press SPACE to play the sound. Do you hear anything? If not, do you get any output on the console?
Attachments
soundtest.love
(4.95 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
XxSolidJelloxX
Prole

Post by XxSolidJelloxX »

micha wrote:Hey,

I created a minimal example game to play sound. Please run the attached .love and press SPACE to play the sound. Do you hear anything? If not, do you get any output on the console?
I tried this on windows. No sound when running just the .love file, but when I unpacked it and ran it with a compiler (.bat), I heard the sound loud and clear. The console wasn't enabled by default, so I enabled it and nothing printed to it when I pressed SPACE to play the sound. (Maybe when you said 'console' you meant something directed toward him being on linux?)... but anyways, yeah, that's what happened for me.
Last edited by XxSolidJelloxX on Mon May 12, 2014 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
micha
Inner party member

Post by micha »

Edit: innsmouthrain will get a console output when he runs the game under linux.